We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 night trip to Charleston with my sister

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
4 night trip to Charleston with my sister

Hi - I was planning a trip to Charleston in July with my sister, but heard it will be unbearably hot and humid. Is this true? I'm from Toronto where summers are short but very hot and humid. Any advice would be welcome. I'm thinking of staying at the Meeting Street Inn as it comes recommended by a friend, but advice on other lovely inns would be welcome. Restaurants too. Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 night trip to Charleston with my sister

It will be very hot and humid. I have been to Toronto, it will be MUCH more hot and humid. However, don't let that stop you, if that is the only time you can come. Just plan to tour/see the sights early in the day and then later in the afternoons and retire to you hotel room during the hottest part of the day. Or save that time for going into air conditioned museums, aquarium, etc.

Meeting Street Inn is nice, since it comes highly suggested by your friend, I might just stick with that. You will want to check the rates, if that is an issue. Summer is our most busy time and rates can reflect that.

If you have not already done so, please look to the right side of this page for Top Questions About Charleston. The topics there will give you lots of info on what is available to see and do. Once you have some ideas of what appeals to you, we can help with the plans.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,670 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 night trip to Charleston with my sister

Wear loose, comfortable clothing and a hat with visor to shade your face. Use sunscreen and carry bottles of water.

An advantage of staying in the historic district in summer is that you can head back to your hotel room for an air conditioned break from afternoon touring. Mornings and evenings are best for walking around.

3. Re: 4 night trip to Charleston with my sister

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 07:16