We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic Lunch

Bristol, TN
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Picnic Lunch

We are coming down in Oct. for 4 days and I would like to take my wife on a picnic lunch on either a Thursday or Friday. I'm looking for a quite place to have a bottle of wine and nice lunch. Any ideas? Beaches, Parks, Ect....... Also, does anyone recommend a good restaurant/cater to pack our basket?

Thanks,

Jon

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picnic Lunch

Jon, that's a great idea! October will be the best time of the year to do it, too!

There are a lot of places to go, but here are a few: The Battery! It is a wonderful place right on the waterfront - lots of grass, benches, and a beautiful gazebo.

The grass in front of the Aquarium. I don't think they'd say anything, and it is on the waterfront as well, although not as nice as the Battery.

There is a very nice pier at the foot of Vendue Range where the big Pineapple Fountain is. There are benches that are under a roof so you won't get too much sun. The pier juts into the Cooper River, and you have a magnificent view of the new Ravenel Bridge.

Sorry, but I can't help you as far as who could do you up a basket; but I'm sure there are lots of folks here who can.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Picnic Lunch

Cru Cafe would be a good place for the lunch. I love the beach so I would head to any of them - perfect that time of year. Great idea!

Bristol, TN
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Picnic Lunch

Thanks for the input guys. The battery sounds like a great place and the Cafe Cru had some good reviews. If the weather is nice we might do one in the historic distric one day and one on the beach the next. Do you think we would get any harrassment from the police over the wine? A couple of years ago, we had a beach patroller in Florida give us down the road over having glass on the beach, even though we were just sitting there having lunch and minding our own. . . . . . It really turned a great mood into a somber one. If anyone else has any other ideas, feel free to chime in. .

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
558 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picnic Lunch

jonandmandie --

When I was in Charleston in February, I went to Kennedy's at

60 Calhoun St., Charleston, SC 29401 Tel: (843) 723-2026. It's near the Ft Sumter museum. They have everything you need to pack a basket and you can call ahead and they can have it ready for you.

And dessert is a must have at this place!

A S
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picnic Lunch

Vendue Inn has the Library Restaurant and The RoofTop Bar and they will sometimes offer a picnic package for their guests. An inquiry to them could get you a pretty neat basket (with a deposit maybe if you are not a guest). Call or email and check it out. They are right at the Harbor and a picnic in this area would be great.