We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tattoo - Suggestions?

Augusta, Maine
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tattoo - Suggestions?

My soon to be husband and I are planning on tattoos while in Charleston in October on our Honeymoon - any suggestions on where to go? Hoping for some place somewhat walkable as we will be in the historic district without a car. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tattoo - Suggestions?

There are no tattoo parlors downtown that I know of, but there's a great one a few miles away on Hwy 17 South /Savannah Hwy - Holy City Tattoo - 1916 Savannah Hwy. They're great, very professional and the only local place I'd go to again.

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tattoo - Suggestions?

Our son-in-law lives in Charleston. He went to Savannah to get his tattoo.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tattoo - Suggestions?

Tattoo parlors on the Charleston peninsula can only be in areas with industrial zoning - generally north of Mount Pleasant Street. There's at least one on Meeting Street Road near Magnolia Cemetery. With no car, you'd have to rely on taxi or the city bus line.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Mount Pleasant
Mount Pleasant
Magnolia Cemetery
Magnolia Cemetery
457 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
995 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tattoo - Suggestions?

Yes Mikestone, there's more than one tattoo parlor in North Charleston on that road outside of town, across the tracks.

Mentioned in this post
North Charleston
North Charleston
5. Re: Tattoo - Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:16