We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
How many days?

Was thinking about coming over next year for 10 days. Doing 5 in Savannah and 5 in Charleston. Is that enough/too much time in each city?

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days?

I live outside of Charleston for the better part of 20 years and it wasn't enough, lol.

What time of year are you considering?

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days?

April/May time

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days?

That's a lovely time of year, but it's also busy. Reserve hotels soon.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,817 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days?

I think 5 days is probably too much for Savannah. There is much more to see and do in Charleston than in Savannah. I would say 4 at most for Savannah, maybe only 3.

Agree about making reservations as early as possible. Spring, when the flowers are blooming, it's not to hot yet, etc is a peak visitor time.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days?

I'd cut off a day each in Charleston and Savannah and add them to the Beaufort, SC area.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days?

5 days in each city would be great, actually.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,501 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days?

Hi Gemma, snap, we are visiting next May too and have booked 6 nights in Savannah and 5 in Charleston. We found the hotels in the Historic Districts of both cities very expensive and also, a lot were already booked up. We ended up booking a hotel in Mt Pleasant, just outside Charleston city centre (which was a good price) but did book a more expensive hotel in Savannah HD. There seems to be masses to see and do in both cities and we are looking forward to our trip.

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
817 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days?

We tried booking early April but the hotels in both Savannah and Carleston were really $$$$ especially weekends. Could not see spending $350+ per night. I guess Spring festivals and full bloomed gardens get premium pricing. We did not pay that much in Paris! Decided to come in the beginning of March instead. Hopefully the weather will be ok; much more reasonably priced historic district hotels; less crowded. Decided on 3 days Savannah; side trip to Beaufort; 4 in Charleston. Better pricing of about $200 a night with breakfast, parking and afternoon wine and cheese.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 16:34
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days?

Charleston obviously appeals to me more but I would cut the days short in Savannah and spend much more time in Charleston. last year we stayed for 2 weeks in Charleston for vacation, did a TON of things but there was still plenty more to see and do

10. Re: How many days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2015, 05:15