We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buffet style at Charleston

carrboro, nc
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
buffet style at Charleston

well, here is the thing. We are two adults and three kids with 5 different must have and must have not when it comes to food (diets, allergies, kids usual "I cannot eat this an that..).

Golden Corral will normally be a good place for us to eat, as we can all find our favorites there, and it is affordable. Unfortunately, there is no Golden in Charleston, where we are heading next weekend. I wonder if you guys know of a similar buffet style place in the area?

thanks

Charleston
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buffet style at Charleston

There are really not that many buffet restaurants. You can try Trotters inside the Town and Country Hotel. I have never been to a Golden Corral so I am not sure if they are similar. Trotters has tons of options to make everyone happy. Then there is Bessingers BBQ- they have a more southern style buffet.

When you arrive in Charleston, you can also pick up the Preview paper and some of the restaurants in the area have specials.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buffet style at Charleston

I love Golden Corral, and have no idea why there isn't one in Charleston :-(

To add to what O'Meila said, there are a few Ryan's Steakhouses in the area; not GC, but they do have a decent variety there. Of course, there are some cafeteria-style restaurants such as Piccadilly's, S&S Cafeteria, and K & W Cafeteria in the north area.

Charleston
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buffet style at Charleston

Thank You Floski~ I always forget about the Ryans and the S & S! I even think that on some nights at the S & S they advertise specials for children.

4. Re: buffet style at Charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 04:15