We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long for a visit in April

Westbury NY
Level Contributor
210 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
How long for a visit in April

We are planning a one week trip from March 31 to April 7 which would include Amelia Island in Florida for 2 days and than time in both Savanah & Charleston.

How long should I plan for each city and what would you do during that time?

I thought 2 days each in Savannah & Charleston.

What do you think?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long for a visit in April

Honestly, I would go 1 and 3 days, respectively.

Savannah is a fine town, but I feel that one day would be plenty. The only thing you'd really miss would be the great restaurants, and Charleston has many more.

I'm not sure if 3 days is enough for Charleston, especially in April when there's so much to do.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,908 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long for a visit in April

I agree with Floski that you will want more time in Charleston. Both cities are wonderful, but there is more to do and see in Charleston.

I recommend allowing a full day for traveling from Savannah to Charleston. Take the scenic route instead of going straight up I-95. Stop for lunch, antiquing, or touring in the beautiful and historic small town of Beaufort, SC.

3. Re: How long for a visit in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 13:18