We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Columbia hotel

Which Columbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Topic
Downtown Columbia hotel

I am coming from Charlotte NC and meeting up with a friend who is traveling from Charleston

And would like some hotel recommendations in the downtown area, restaurants and things to do. We would love to catch a play if possible! We are coming August 1. Our budget would be around $150 for a hotel and dinners would be around 12 to 20 for an entree. Thank You

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Columbia hotel

A great place to stay in Columbia that would have all you would need all in one place would be the Vista in Downtown Columbia. Downtown there are many hotels within your budget such as the Columbia Marriott, Hilton at Columbiana Center, Hampton Inn Historic District, Courtyard Marriott, Sheraton and many more. All within walking distance of restaurants and bars within your price range such as Liberty Tap Room, Carolina Ale House, Blue Marlin Steak and Seafood, and many more depending on what you are looking for. A great website for you to check out is http://www.vistacolumbia.com/, this is the Vista's website that shows all dining and hotel options that are available in the Vista area. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Charlotte, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Columbia hotel

You have given me some good information thank you. What can you tell me about the Congaree National Park? We were thinking about doing a guided canoe trip that would take about 2 1/2 hours. I have read mixed reviews about the park. The photo's look amazing!! Thanks again for your hotel and restaurant suggestions.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Columbia hotel

The Marriott...and be sure to be there on a Friday night to catch the great Soda Market right outside the door on Saturday morning!

4. Re: Downtown Columbia hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Columbia
Recent Conversations