We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions please for 2 wks. lodging near campus....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Level Contributor
167 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions please for 2 wks. lodging near campus....

I have to be in Columbia in the future on business and would like a hotel that has a suite...partial or full kitchen. Needs to be near or convenient to get to campus twice daily. I'd like something clean and reasonable priced. Thank you.

Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Garden
Gardens, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Zoos
South Carolina State House
Architectural Buildings, Government Buildings, Historic Sites
Saluda Shoals Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Level Contributor
167 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions please for 2 wks. lodging near campus....

I am still needing the above info. Any help is appreciated!

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions please for 2 wks. lodging near campus....

The Comfort Inn Suites is located on the corner of Huger and Taylor, which is a few miles from the school, and about a 5 minute drive depending on traffic. Here is what I read about the hotel:

"An all suite, four story hotel that features 81 distinctively appointed suites with numerous amenities for both the business and the leisure traveler including coffee makers, microwaves, and refrigerators. On site amenities include an outdoor pool, a state-of-the-art business center, and a fitness center. A deluxe continental breakfast is served every morning."

I live near the school and can tell you, this hotel is probably the only one nearby that has the suite option you are looking for. This hotel was built in the past few years, and looks nice on the outside. There are many good restaurants nearby, like within a mile, but you would need to get in your car and drive there.

The hotel got pretty good reviews on travel.yahoo, and it said the average price was $89 - not too bad.

Mentioned in this post
Huger
Huger
South Carolina
South Carolina
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions please for 2 wks. lodging near campus....

If you are going to stay at the Comfort Suites, I would just drive the extra five minutes and stay at the Embassy Suites on Greystone. It's much nicer.

If the suite thing is not a deal breaker, you should check out the Inn at USC. It's right on campus, essentially brand new, and has some a great deal of charm.

Mentioned in this post
Comfort Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
196 Reviews
Columbia, SC
Columbia SC
Level Contributor
69 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions please for 2 wks. lodging near campus....

Here are the best options for what you need -

Inn at USC (www.innatusc.com) -- don't book online, call for the best prices

Comfort Inn and Suites - corner of Taylor and Huger

Homewood Suites - Greystone Blvd.

Embassy Suites - Greystone Blvd.

Hampton Inn in the Vista -- pricey, but GREAT (it's #1 on the list of Columbia hotels on Trip Advisor)

NOT RECOMMENDED

The former Holiday Inn on Assembly -- now is the Columbia Inn. It's being renovated to be a Courtyard by Marriott, so it might be good in about six months. But avoid it now.

Mentioned in this post
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
632 Reviews
Columbia, SC
Huger
Huger
South Carolina
Columbia Inn
Columbia Inn
Columbia, SC
5. Re: Suggestions please for 2 wks. lodging near campus....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 16:18