We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just a rip off

Which Conway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
2 posts
Save Topic
just a rip off

I came to this little bakery on my tour of the south from England and was looking forward to the welcoming southern hospitality I have heard so much about and come to know and love. However, upon going into this bakery/ "alledged coffee shop" (the coffee is limited and not very good) it seemed they have a policy of not having items priced, and that charging for tap water is a custom. eg without warning. I had wanted to quench my thirst and asked the young girl for a cup of tap water, the young snobby girl who works their said no problem and to my suprise charged me a dollar (the dollar is not the issue) the principle of charging without notifiacaion is wrong and is not practice I have been accustomed to or am familair with. Also the fact that the cup was filled with ice and hardly any water was disgraceful. I was shocked as we explained to the girl that this was not very normal, her and her subordinate quickly rushed us out of the bakery by being both patronizing and rude. I think this place is awful and at the very least not worth the money considering the customer service is not welcoming or pleasant. being rushed out is not nice, if they are closing they shoudn't have served us and explained they were finished for the day. This place had been highly reccomended to us, shame on them for being so cheeky."

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: just a rip off

All the way from England to complain about a bakerey in a small town. I think you may be a bit fishy here. What do you all think? 1 post hahaha

2. Re: just a rip off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Conway
Recent Conversations