We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edisto Beach

Long Island, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Edisto Beach

Last year I went to Edisto in early August and it was really windy. I'm going again this year and am wondering whether it will be the same Is that a feature of the beach in Edisto? I'm staying on the beach in a house right on the point between the ocean and the sound. Could that be why it's so windy?

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
160 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edisto Beach

It's always windier when you're on the beach. There's a plus side to that though. It's not as hot and it helps keep the mosquitoes away.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,128 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edisto Beach

You may bet a bit more wind there. All of the beaches in SC are typically pretty windy. Sometimes very windy, so much so that you don't enjoy being there, but that is uncommon.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
159 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edisto Beach

There are also days in August that are so still and hot you'll be wishing for the wind! It sounds to me as though you had some unusual weather. Although "the Point" may be windier than the rest, I don't particularly characterize Edisto as windier than any other beach.

4. Re: Edisto Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2015, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Edisto Island
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor