We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Folly Beach 3/12-16... couple of questions.

TN
Level Contributor
120 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Folly Beach 3/12-16... couple of questions.

We are staying at Folly Suites (I think they said E Artic Drive) through Dunes Properties. At this point don't tell me anything bad about this location since we have already paid for this part. :)

Questions:

I am wondering what is within walking distance (shops, food, places of interest)?

Dolphins and sea shells...where would be the best places to go to see these? I know there are no guarantees but places and times of days would be helpful.

I would really like to take some sunrise and sunset photos. Can you lead me to some good spots? I think that we should be able to see the sunrise from where we are staying but I don't know about sunsets.

Any places you would recommend in Folly Beach for a nice (but not crazy expensive) lunch or dinner?

Are things blooming yet there? Things are blooming early here.

And lastly (for now), I have been told to walk out on the pier when it is lit. Is it only lit at certain times or all night every night?

Thanks in advance! These forums are so helpful!

RQT
New Castle...
Level Contributor
765 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Folly Beach 3/12-16... couple of questions.

We really like the people from Dunes Properties, and East Artic will be fine. The pier is lit every night....very picturesque. Snapper Jack's is a sports bar in the center of Folly ( you can walk everywhere in Folly in about 10 minutes). The pier has a restaurant; Lil Mama's has pizza; Woody's has sandwiches. On James Island (just a short drive) you can eat at Brinson's (we really liked this restaurant). Downtown Charleston-try Smokehouse Brewery. We've walked the beach many times but have never been lucky enough to find any really great shells. However, there are many shells to find there. Try a kayak tour...they take you up close and personal to the dolphins