We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

Which Folly Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

We are thinking about a trip next July. Any recommendations for condo/villa, Apts for 1 week ? We have never been here before but have been to Charleston. Would like something close to the beach but does not have to be one it.

Looking for something smaller for a family of 4. Our kids are 2 & 4. I don't know if there are mostly houses for rent or also condos. We are deciding between Folly Beach and Hilton Head. We have been to HH before.

Thanks for any help !!

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

There are both houses and condos. You can go on VRBO and get some ideas, and if you have questions concerning a particular property, you can PM me.

Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

You may want to try the oceanfront villas. They are right downtown and have two pools but are still right on the beach. Several realtors rent them. You might want to try Dunes Properties first.

TN
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

I would try Avocet first. I have dealt with Dunes, Avocet and Holland and can tell you that Avocet is by far the most consumer friendly. Charleston Oceanfront Villas are 3 and 4 BR condos right on the beach. You may not need a 3 BR so another complex might suit your needs better.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

Thanks so much ! I'll give them a try.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

Try www.vrbo.com also. Lots of homes for rent in Folly.

We LOVED Folly Beach and would go back in a heartbeat!

Enjoy!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
350 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

We just used Avocet to rent a fantastic condo in Folly at Ocean Pointe Villa 301. Great location, you can walk to everything. Top end furnishings and kitchen. They have beach chairs and umbrellas available. The folks at Avocet were very friendly and helpful.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
204 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

Thanks so much Luvparee11 and dgrson I'll look into those. We have never been there before but it sounds so nice.

8. Re: Any recommendations for vacation rentals on Folly ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:22