We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nicest of the >$50 hotels?

Which Greenville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
7 posts
Save Topic
nicest of the >$50 hotels?

Doesn't have to be exactly in charlotte, taking a road trip down to decide on college, will be staying maybe a week in the charlotte/greenville sc area. If anyone knows the cheapest/cleanest hotel between the 2 areas please let me know. BTW I know this question is asked a lot, but couldnt find a thread with suggestions for under $50. Also if theres a choice that is 10x better for only 10-15$ more let me know =)

BTW planning to come down within 2weeks, is there anything going to be happening within the month that might jack up rates? If so when should I wait to come?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: nicest of the >$50 hotels?

check Spartanburg Business 85. I-85 will split at Spartanburg and you have a Business 85 and I-85. I would believe that business 85 might have some better rates, you would be about hour out of Charlotte and about 30 mins to Greenville. The exit at Hwy 221 should have some hotels. Go to the left and type in Spartanburg Hotels under search.

Colleges-are you looking at Furman in Travelers Rest?

Also, try Duncan, SC I-85 between Greenville and Spartanburg. I believe there is still a Comfort Inn at Duncan that is decent, a couple other motels I can't remember.

MA
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nicest of the >$50 hotels?

I'm actually just going down in hopes to relocate, I heard great things about charlotte/greenville and want to take mini trip down to take a look around the area and maybe try to find an apartment or rent a house.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nicest of the >$50 hotels?

Charlotte is much larger metropolitan area.

Greenville is nice town, if you are single, probably not alot going on there. There is a downtown area which has few good restaurants and bars but its not a "nightlife" town compared to where we live now which is Myrtle Beach. North Carolina has much higher gasoline prices, just found that out over weekend. I can't speak for the tax rate, or pay rate. Charlotte will probably pay more, as SC is not known for high salaries anywhere in the state. Columbia SC is our state capital and home of USC (Go Gamecocks!) our largest city. That might be consideration. Although Columbia is in the middle of the state and sees some of the hottest temperatures. Like being in a drum, no air moves at all, VERY HOT!

4. Re: nicest of the >$50 hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Greenville