We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hair and nail salon and day spa?

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
hair and nail salon and day spa?

Friend is moving to Greenville, SC and I would like to get her a gift certificate for nail/hair salon or a day spa. Any good recommendations?

USA
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

I highly recommend the Grove Park Inn and Spa which is actually located in Asheville NC. Pricey but would be a real treat if you are looking for a true spa experience in a wonder location. The drive to is not very long.

www.groveparkinn.com

Honestly the whole spa thing hasnt fully caught on here.

With that said the Spa at West End is one option (I have never personally visited) http://www.thespaatwestend.com/ b

Wilson's on Washington also does hair and nails- upscale building.

Wisteria is another location- spa like place that does hair and ect. http://www.wisteriasalonspa.com/ Also never been here but have heard some good things.

Maybe someone will offer another suggestion....

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

The Spa at West End is quite nice - I've been there for a manicure and pedicure and it was a good experience. It's right downtown in the renovated West End district, so quite easy to get to.

greenville, sc
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

I second the Spa at the West End. They are service oriented and have a nice spa feel. Their location is great, too. Your friend will love downtown Greenville!

The Grove Park Inn is an unreasonable drive from Greenville for a spa day. It is nice-enough if you are heading to Asheville anyway; however, it is by no means a destination spa.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

Before moving to Myrtle Beach, I used the Headquarters Day Spa, one stop shopping, hairs, nails, massages, I can't remember street name but very close to downtown.

Greenville, SC
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

The Spa at West End has some sanitation and licensing issues.

*You may enjoy a massage or facial, but if you get a scrub, wrap, or other body treatment, be careful! The Vichy room usually has an abundance of mold....

*Also, make sure you can see the technician's license before you begin. There have been a few times in the past when unlicensed employees actually performed services there. (Yikes!)

Additionally, parking is VERY limited.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

I love Wisteria. It is great and parking is easier than downtown. But then again, you have to deal with Woodruff Rd, which is a toss up in the easily accessed column. But Wisteria is awesome!

seneca,sc
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

I went to this spa to get my hair Japanese straightened since I hear d of the rave reviews of the spa part of the place. The hair stylist was named David Perry and he was very nice. Unfortunately my hair was straight for three days until we did the deep conditioning wash. Then back to completely curly. David said hmmmmmm maybe we need to use a stronger version of the Japanese straightening. Second time around, same thing happened except now my hair has split ends and is course. So they do it a third time because they tell me I was using the wrong hair products to wash my hair with. Same thing happened afterwards even with their own products. These sessions take four hours long to do and each time they kill the hair the process also cost me $480. I am getting really frustrated since they refuse to give me a refund ,but say they will keep on offering me the straigtening until my hair is straight (more like I will go bald).I will not go there again.

8. Re: hair and nail salon and day spa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 19:20