We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenville SC

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Greenville SC

We are coming on a 2 week vacation and need to know must see places to visit. I am driving from New York State with my boyfriend and our 19 month old daughter. We will be staying close by to the Greenville Zoo. I was looking for people's opinion on that zoo and any other zoo's that are near by. Plus need to know places to shop at, places to visit, places to eat at...etc... Any information will be appreciated and helpful. We don't know any one that lives down there to help us out. I found a website one day that had a bunch of places on the left and right columns. You click one from each side and it tells you the difference in miles from one to another. Does anyone know what website(s) is like that? What is the weather like for the first 2 weeks of October? Where are the farmer's market and flea markets located? Thanks for all feedback.

Tammyl@frontiernet.net

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenville SC

Beautiful time of year -- the humiduity rolls out but the temps are in the upper 80's - cool at night.

Zoo is a pleasant excursion -- plan on just a couple of hours -- it's not that big of a zoo. Cleveland Park is adjacent to the zoo -- swings slides, pretty

Check out Hollywild Animal Park, Falls Park

Fall for Greenville - probably one of the biggest local events is Oct 10 -12 The major streets in downtown are closed to traffic, carnival rides, music, and the main event is food -- buy tickets and sample food from all restaurants - most booths are manned by the charities which are the recipients

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenville SC

Try this and see if it helps you any.

www.greenvillecvb.com/visit/attractions.aspx

October is usually still fairly warm (depending on what your use to) The kids can usually still wear light weight costumes at Halloween if that helps.

I haven't been to the zoo in a few years but here that it is really nice now. Greenville has really been building/improving alot of the downtown area so you should have plenty to do.

Liberty Bridge at Falls Park on the Reedy River

A couple of things from the web link shown above -

1) TRAM Fair 2008: Outsider. Folk. Local Art.

10/4/2008 - 10/4/2008

The TRAM Fair features outsider and folk artists from across the southeast.......

2) Oktoberfest

10/3/2008 - 10/5/2008

The GSO's own Principal Clarinetist Anthony Marotta stars in this German program.....

Shopping - Mast General Store, 111 North Main St and many more this one is fun for kids.

Good luck and have fun. Hopefully the weather will be really nice when you are here. :)

3. Re: Greenville SC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 03:17