We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenville...what's up?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Greenville...what's up?

Hi, staying in Greenville for the week of Sept 8th for work during the days, but looking for the BEST local views of things to see, do and of course eat. IM staying at teh Residence Inn Marriott on Milestone Way..

Looking for: BEST Local places for jogging/hiking/walking in the area(wooded, prestine, scenic)

BEST Local place to have dinner solo( 3 different night), fun, excellent food, casual, local.

BEST Local something interesting to see and or do while in Greenville(I get out of work after 4pm each day). Im a big history buff, a bit of a photographer(architecture and wildlife).

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenville...what's up?

I have lived in Greenville for 8+ years and LOVE IT! You must go into downtown. There are numerous shops and restaurants along Main street and Falls Park is incredible. You'll likely find many photographic opportunities there as well.

In terms of hiking/outdoors, Chimney Rock just above us in NC is a fairly quick drive from your Hotel. You could probably be there in 45mins or so. Google it!

As far as restaurants...there are so many I really don't know how to guide you without more info(ie how casual, what $$ range). Soby's is very popular. Pomegranate on near Falls Park has outdoor seating.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenville...what's up?

Thanks for the above post...as far as hiking, i'd like to stay in the immediate area, as I do not get off work until after 4pm...and as far as dining out choices, again in the local area, and since the company is paying, price is no matter, but I like casual, friendly and fun, most of all though GREAT FOOD and SERVICE and AMBIANCE, I will be dining solo.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenville...what's up?

You seem like a Foodie so I have to mention Devereaux's, simlply gastronomic! You'll notice Soby's gets some uneven reviews but I strongly encourage you to consider it. I've been there numerous times and I think it would be a great place for a solo dinner. One of my favorite places is Chicora Alley. It's sorta hard to find but well worth it. It has a college pub feel but serves a very interesting Southwestern-Caribbean blend of food that is very fresh. The patron become younger as the evening goes on but I dont think this would be a problem, especially early in the week. All these are downtown.

"Out East" as we say(nearer your hotel) I highly recommend Lieus Chinese Bistro. The same guy owns Azia which is more "Chic" but in no way pretentious. Try the surf-n-turf sushi.

4. Re: Greenville...what's up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 13:17