We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels in area

Which Greenville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WA
Level Contributor
141 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
hotels in area

Looking to spend a few days here as well as Asheville. We're looking to stay at the Marriott Greenville near the airport, go up to Asheville for a couple of days. Then return and stay at the Hilton or the Embassy Suites. We're thinking of visiting Falls Park, the museum at BJU,the plantation in Spartansburg and the BMW factory. Are there any other highlights in the area? Any thoughts on hotels? Thanks

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels in area

I think you'll enjoy the Marriott. My bias is Embassy Suites over the Hilton but I've not stayed overnight at either. I'm curious as to why your not considering a downtown hotel. In addition to Falls Park there are many shops and restaurants to enjoy downtown. Ashville is wonderful too. The Biltmore is worth touring if you've never been.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels in area

? what plantation in Spartanburg?

Mariott, Embassy, Hilton are all good choices, I have stayed at all 3. Poinsett Hotel, downtown Greenville is a nice hotel where you can walk to great restaurants, shops. Stayed there also.

WA
Level Contributor
141 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels in area

The Westin has some mixed reviews so I was unsure about staying there. I did consider the Hampton Inn & Suites. The embassy suites just looks like a very relaxing place to stay. Not sure if there are any safety issues staying downtown in Greenville.

WA
Level Contributor
141 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels in area

Theres a small plantation in Spartanburg, Its listed on their historical site.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels in area

There are absolutely, unequivocally NO safety issues downtown. Embassy Suites is a nice hotel but its really not near anything. I strongly encourage you to please consider the Hampton Inn downtown(see TA reviews). It's a perfect location to explore all that downtown Greenville has to offer. If you want restaurant recommendations let me know!

South Carolina
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels in area

Totally agree that The Hampton Inn & Suites is the choice to make. It's one of the new properties in the chain and it is VERY nice. It's also within a few minutes walking distance of everything from high-end restaurants to a great pizza joint.

Plan to spend some time in downtown Greenville. You need to walk around Falls Park downtown, see the Liberty Bridge and stroll Main Street. You'll also find a surprisingly nice museum and (if you're here for the evening) be sure to see what's playing at the Peace Center or (for a laugh) Cafe And Then Some.

If you're at all into the great outdoors, you can enjoy Caeser's Head State Park (an amazing place to take in long mountain views) and even nearby Paris Mountain. Consider Furman University - there's a lovely walk to be had around the campus lake. The zoo is charming and there's avery nice city park (Cleveland Park) enveloping it.

Greenville is a lovely little city. Enjoy your stay!

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels in area

The Marriott near the airport is more convenient to BMW and Spartanburg then the other hotels you mentioned. The Embassy Suites and Hilton are not close to anything touristy (you can't walk to anything from either one). The downtown hotels are Hyatt, Westin and Hampton Inn & Suites downtown. I have stayed in all three and all three are very nice. You can walk to several nice restaurants, shops and parks and the downtown is always busy with people walking around on Saturdays and most evenings (a lively atmosphere). The only downside is you have to pay to park but you would most likely have to pay to park if you went to downtown anyway. If you are coming in the spring try to check out a Greenville Drive game if you like baseball. Good luck!

8. Re: hotels in area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Greenville
Recent Conversations