We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Help Please!

Hi - We are visiting Greenville later this month and will be staying at the Westin. I need help with lunch & dinner plans. What are 2 must go to upscale restaurants for lunch and dinner. Also, my husband will be in a seminar for 2 days. What plans should I make within walking distance of the hotel?

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Please!

Westin is a lovely hotel, you will have many choices to choose from Downtown Greenville, all w/in walking distance. LOVE GREENVILLE, used to live there. You can walk to many nice restaurants, retail, all within few blocks. Ask the front desk for recommendations but assure you, that any place I ate downtown was fabulous! Can I go?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Please!

In terms of "upscale" dining I think the most sophisticated food in greenville is at Devereaux's (www.devereauxsdining.com/). I also recommend High Cotton for both the food and the wonderful view of the river and downtown Greenville. Other thought are Larkins and Rick Erwins especially if your in the mood for steak. One of my favorite restaurants is Pomegranate on Main (www.pomegranateonmain.com) for lunch or dinner. A quaint restaurant to consider for lunch is Mary's at Falls Cottage (http://www.fallscottage.com/site/Home.html). As for other things to do, just start walking down Main Street and you'll find many interesting shops to explore.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Please!

I don't mean to overload you with options but you might consider Soby's (www.sobys.com/) for lunch or dinner. Also, all are walking distance from the Westin.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Please!

Thanks everyone for your recommendations! Does any of the recommended restaurants have outside dining? I can not tell by the individual web pages.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Please!

Yep, Soby's, Larkins, Pomegranate and Mary's.

N/A
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help Please!

Soby's has a lunch menu?

I know you can grab lunch at Soby's on the Side (but I would not recommend it). Breakfast would be okay but it is very, very casual. Grab and go mostly.

Brick Street and the Hyatt downtown are also a nice places to grab lunch. The Brick Street has awesome house made cakes and pies.

http://www.brickstreetcafe.com

I would second the other posters suggestions. Soby's has a nice outdoor seating area. However you sit basically on the sidewalk. There is no divider between you and the crowds. Pomegranate has a decent outdoor eating area.

The Westin is in walking distance of tons of places to eat. I think you can see everything in an afternoon though depending how you place yourself. Do check out Falls Park. There is also a small art museum downtown you might enjoy.

If you like baseball you might consider catching a game. There are also spas downtown you could visit. However I have never personally gone to any.

You can also hop on the free trolley which twirls around downtown.

This is a decent website that might help you plan your trip.

http://www.greenvillesc.gov/

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help Please!

We have narrowed down dinner to Rick Erwin's or Deverearux's. What do you think? Has anyone been to Stellar Wine Bar for drinks and appetizers? My husband likes good Cigars? How is Halfway to Habana? Thanks again!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help Please!

My wife and I went there a few months ago with another couple. We loved the atmosphere and the "small plate" options. The wine list was approachable (not too lengthy) and the food was good. The big negative was poor service from a young and not very informed waiter. However, the restaurant had just opened and the owner was checking on all the guests. They may well have worked out the kinks by now and the place seems to be thriving in this economy while several established places have closed so I'm not at all trying to dissuade you. I would definitely give it another chance and will eventually.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help Please!

Sorry, I was referring to Stellar Wine Bar above ;-)

10. Re: Help Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 05:16