We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating/Greenville/Districts/Historic/Bungalows

florida
1 post
Save Topic
Relocating/Greenville/Districts/Historic/Bungalows

Any specific districts or areas I can search for historic/bungalow homes? I've visited quite a few times and I'm interested in relocating permanently to the upstate area (or Greenville). I plan on visiting in a few weeks to check it out again.

I am looking for:

• Affordable fixer upper bungalow in the $100k range

• Semi-urban community

• Very safe

• Young folks

• Active neighborhood

• Bikes & hikes

Thank you in advance for ANY tips!!!

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocating/Greenville/Districts/Historic/Bungalows

A word of caution... the moderators will likely close this topic real soon as it is not "trip topic", but you may want to look around the West End area near the ball park. Another area (though perhaps a bit pricy now) is the Overbrook area. Check with the City of Greenville's website... a pretty good resource.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocating/Greenville/Districts/Historic/Bungalows

It's going to be very tough to find that in the 100K range. If you want to pm me I can perhaps give you more help or recommend an agent.

greenville sc
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relocating/Greenville/Districts/Historic/Bungalows

There is a "bedroom" community near downtown and Cleveland Park, called Eastover, but it has no signage. The area has older homes in your range but they are not historic homes, but many are in 1950s small cottage-like style. It varies, there are some nice homes tucked in this area that flourished in the 1950s - 60s. The area slumped for a while and seems to slowly have younger people moving in to stay. With the right boost it could be a fabulous neighborhood again right on the edge of downtown. The community consists of the corner of East Washington Street and Laurens Road, to the corner of Laurens Rd and Ackley Road. The better section is around the 1000 block of Laurens Rd.

4. Re: Relocating/Greenville/Districts/Historic/Bungalows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2012, 05:15