We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenville on the River Walk

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Greenville on the River Walk

Thinking about a weekend on the river walk. What hotels/motels are they and are they priced reasonable. What restaurants do you recommend. The wives will be shopping and we will be hitting up the local watering holes. Any recommedations?

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
568 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greenville on the River Walk

There is a Hampton Inn right there on the river. The Poinsett hotel is also downtown. Both are very convenient.

If you are a beer lover, try Barley's. They serve over 30 different kinds of beer; I don't particularly like beer but have found brews that I like there. Their pizza is also great. For a fine dining experience, try High Cotton (owned & operated by the same folks who own Charleston's High Cotton).

South Carolina
Level Contributor
99 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greenville on the River Walk

Agree with previous poster, Hampton Inn, Westin Pointsette or Mariott Courtyard are all close to the river. There is a Hyatt downtown also.

For dinner, depending on $, I would recommend, High Cotton, Rick Erwin's, Nantucket Seafood Grill, Smoke on the Water, , If you are willing to drive, Davani's is fantastic but not within walking distance of Main St. but still considered downtown.

There are also plenty of mid-priced restaurants/bars downtown Carolina Ale House, Liberty Tap Room, Connolly's, Barleys, Sticky Fingers, Nose Dive.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Greenville on the River Walk

I agree with the previous posts: Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville RiverPlace Downtown is the place to stay! I’ve done that and it is one of my favorites place to go in South Carolina. Check out their webpage and you will agree with us.

http://www.hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com/

4. Re: Greenville on the River Walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:17