We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating to Simpsonville area

Rochester, Minnesota
2 posts
Save Topic
Relocating to Simpsonville area

My husband and I are thinking about relocating to the Simpsonville area. He's looking to transfer from his current place in Rochester,MN to the Simpsonville center. We have lived in Rochester our whole lives and are looking for warmer winters! I have looked at the housing market and it looks reasonable and there are alot of new developments. I'm wondering what kind of atmosphere is it there? Is it a small town feel? I looked at the population and it didn't seem very big. I'm wondering is there any shopping or grocery stores close or do you need to go to Greenville for that? Any information you can give me on there area is much appreciated!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relocating to Simpsonville area

This is a travel forum, not a relocation forum. Your posting is liable to be deleted. In the meantime, look at www.city-data.com .

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
335 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relocating to Simpsonville area

Simpsonville City is a nice, small town. But having a Simpsonville address may mean you are living up near busy Woodruff Rd. With that being said, I think the area around Fairview Rd. in Simpsonville has everything you need as far as shopping. Three grocery stores, Kohl's, Target, many fast food restaurants. There are several nice housing developments in the Fairview Rd. area too. And, you're only about a 20 min. ride south of downtown Greenville. The Greenville area is lovely, especially downtown. You're 3 hours from the coast, and one hour from the mountains. . . a perfect location! We, too, moved from the north several years ago and we're so glad we did. Winters are usually snow free, although we did get several inches this past winter. It closed everything down for three days! Good luck! You will love the area!!

3. Re: Relocating to Simpsonville area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 11:05
Get answers to your questions about Greenville
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now