We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

We visited Hilton Head Island from March 23 - 30, 2007. We thoroughly enjoyed our time on the island and look forward to our next trip. We had the best weather...you could not have ordered it better. Mosly in the low to mid 80s. I had been to Savannah last year in early March when we had to wear long sleeves, pants and coats...so I was a bit concerned when packing as to what the weather would be like. i think we wore long pants once :) and i never had on more that a light sweater...even in the evenings.

We are Marriott owners and traded one of our weeks for the Heritage Resort in Sea Pines. Small, quiet, but close to everything and comes with golf included. The guys really enjoyed their day at the Harbourtown Club. As the Verizon Heritage tournament is comeing up soon, the course was in great shape. They even saw some alligators while out there.

Being close to Harbourtown, we ate at the Waterfront restaurant and walked around the shops a few times. We also ate at the Wreck of the Salty Dog at the Sea Pines marina, the Old Fort Pub, Reilley's, Boathouse II, and Jump and Phils. We enjoyed all of them...none too crowded that we had to wait long. The Old Fort Pub was probably my favorite. We had a lovely window table overlooking the sound and although it was a bit cloudy that day, we had a pretty decent sunset. A very lovely setting and a meal to be talked about for years to come. Loved it. We also enjoyed the Boathouse II. We sat outside and enjoyed wine, and dinner, and the lovely surroundings. They guys had gone to Daufuskie Island for golf that day and we stopped at the restaurant after we picked them up.

We were also able to take a few day trips to Charlston, Beaufort and Savannah. I thought Charleston a little far for a day trip because there is so much to see there. We took a carriage tour through the city and it was lovely. We will definately spend more time there next trip. We went to Beaufort where we took Jon's Walking History tour and it was fabulous. So interesting and such a charming town. Jon was the greatest!

All in all it was a very lovely week, spent in the South...which i love! I am sure i was a southern girl in a former life...or i am just practicing for my next one!

Thanks to all who post on this board...your experiences and information help plan a great trip. Special thanks to Stan HHIguy for all his practical knowledge.

Hope that any of you that are planning a trip have as great a time as we did.

Debi

California

toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Is this the Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines property? Are all the rooms on the water? Can you tell me a little more about the hotel? The amenities, how many bedrooms you had, if the kitchen was well stocked, barbeques? etc. We are trying to narrow down our choice of hotels and would really appreciate some feedback and details on this one. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

hi canchick...

this was not the Marriott Monarch...it was the Heritage Club. we chose this one because of the included golf. you get several rounds including one round each at the Harbourtown club...twhich the guys said was great. they also played the Ocean club. the Sea March was close for renovation. we checked in at the Monarch and it looked like a nice property and i believe it is right on the ocean. The Heritage are all 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms and was very nice. They have a pool and fitness center and BBGs there....i think all of the activities are done at the Monarch if you are staying at the Heritage. the kitchen was very well stocked for at least 8 people. There was a king in the master...2 queens in the other bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. unfortunately we didn't visit the other properties but i hear the Surf Watch in nice and we drove by the Grand Ocean and it looked nice too.

feel free to write me again if you have other questions about HH. we had a blast!

3. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 20:16