We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time

Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1st time

We are planning a visit in sept with another couple for the first time. Looking for rec's regarding upscale accomadations (hotel/condo/house) for a four night stay. Views of ocean and/or golf course would be preferred. Any insight/advice would be very appreciated

hartsville, sc
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time

We've found several nice condos in Hilton Head renting through vrbo.com.

Level Contributor
431 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time

We rented a condo on the beach in Villamare (Palmetto Dunes). What I thought was great about the condo was it had complete privacy for the 2 bedrooms. Each bedroom had it's own balcony with view of the ocean and was separated by the living room, kitchen and dining area. I had really good luck with www.islandgetaway.com. .They have alot of great properties. I have used VRBO.com as well with great luck.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time

You might consider Daufuskie Island for really upscale accomodations. You can ferry to the island from Savannah or HHI. Here's the url for the resort:

Despite being a separate island, with the ferry, it is convenient to HHI, especially Harbortown.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time

the best oceanfront condos are in Palmetto dunes;

Barrington, Captains Walk, Hampton, VillaMare, and Windsor

In Sea Pines; Turtle Lane club

In Forest Beach;

SeaCrest Resort and Shorewood

Look for these check with Vacation Company or Island Getaway for commercial rentals or Homeaway.com or vrbo.com for private rentals.

Hotels to consider the Hilton resort or the Westin. The marriott is OK, but the other two are better.

For golf views there are plenty of choices. Nicest in my estimation are Fazio in Palmetto Dunes, Heritage and Plantation Club in SeaPines, and Evian in Shipyard.

Stan (hhiguy)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time

westin is kind of dumpy

6. Re: 1st time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 08:29
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor