We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need ideas for things to do with teens.

ohio
Level Contributor
587 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need ideas for things to do with teens.

We're going is August with my son and he's taking a friend. I want to keep them occupied. We haven't been to Hilton Head for a few years. I know about Adventure Island. I was also thinking about the fireworks at Shelter Cove. Anyone have any other ideas? Also looking for fun places to eat. We'll do Wild Wings. Thanks.

Ohio
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need ideas for things to do with teens.

We are going w/ two teenagers in two weeks so I have been doing some research. Check out Marley's restaurant - we are going to try that one this year. We did jet ski's out of south beach marina before and they really liked that. We always enjoy pirate island miniture golf also.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
169 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need ideas for things to do with teens.

Each time we go, we rent a speed boat for the day at Palmetto Bay Marina.

Sea Pines, both the Harbour Town & South Beach areas offer a lot to do, shops, restaurants, live music, etc.

Renting bikes is a good idea, which will allow them to ride down the beach, around town, etc.

new york
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need ideas for things to do with teens.

Do yourself a favor and plan NOTHING!!! Teens lives are too structured to begin with. Let them ride bikes, walk around coligny to get ice cream and just RELAX!! That way it's a vacation for everyone. HHI isn't Disney- just take each day and slow down the pace. We often cook in the house we rent or have some meals catered - Skillets and Just Pasta are great for this. Order a few pans of lasaagna or chicken parm and pop them in the oven when you want to eat. This way no one has to stop what they are doing to get ready for dinner(you will need reservations) Yea- Wild wings is great fun so don't miss it- kayaking is also great. Slow down the pace on vacation and have fun!

ohio
Level Contributor
587 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need ideas for things to do with teens.

Thanks for the tips. I don't want to make any set plans. Just want to let them know what options they may have as far as things to do. One of the teens can't ride a bike due to a medical condition. They can drive on there own though.

5. Re: Need ideas for things to do with teens.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations