We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hickory Cove villas - OK?

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hickory Cove villas - OK?

I am planning a first trip to HHI 9/8-15/07 (just me and my sister). We are looking for a 2 BR villa/condo. Can't afford oceanfront, and we want to be w/in short walking disntance to the beach. Islandgetaway.com has some places in Hickory Cove that are in our range. Is that a nice enough development? We are looking to just chill out and mostly hang at the beach or by the pool most of the time. We don't want rundown but aren't expecting first-class, either. I haven't been albe to find any picktres of the resort itself other than the few on the islandgetaway site. TIA!

Northern KY
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hickory Cove villas - OK?

We just spent a week in Hickory cove the first week of June. We had 9 of us and it had plenty of space. It wasn't a brand new 4 star luxury place, but at the same time it was nice. The villa was clean and had everything we needed, even beach toys. We were at 2 Hickory cove. Awesome location for the price. It was a 3 minute walk to the beach once we found the access path. Also 20 seconds from the pool. For the price it is hard to beat. The location of Palmetto dunes is ideal on the island. Very central if you wanna check out other beaches. The beach right at hickroy cove was great.

Indy
Level Contributor
406 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hickory Cove villas - OK?

I usuallyt check with VRBO.com and just looked for you. They have some pictures of the units at Hickory Cove. I think September is a good time to go as the rates come down after summer. You can't go wrong with Palmetto Dunes area.

3. Re: Hickory Cove villas - OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 02:20