We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March trip with four young adults

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
100 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
March trip with four young adults

We will be staying on Hilton Head for 5 nights in mid March. I am thinking a house with 3 bedrooms, but am open to anything with 3 bedrooms. I would really appreciate any suggestions for lodging, restaurants and activities.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March trip with four young adults

Take some time to look at some of the many postings here on this forum. Your question is too general for an answer that may suit your party.

At the very least look at the Plantations "Sticky" at the top of the forum, which will give you an overview of the various resorts on the island.

You'll also find some information under hilton head overview the link at the left of the forum postings.

Pose your questions on a more specific topic after you have done some preliminary research.

Stan (hhiguy)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March trip with four young adults

Dear Hedge: I would highly recommend Egret Point by Spinnaker Resort as a great place for you to stay. It is a timeshare resort (if you are timeshare/points owners) but they also offer internet specials. It is in Shipyard Plantation. We had a 3 bed/3bath villa last March. With young adults, I think the Forest Beach area would be great for you, so look in that area. If it says that it's close to Coligny Plaza, you know you're looking in the right area. We have also rented a five bedroom house off of North Forest Beach Road, actually on Osprey. That was a really nice place. There are many good sites that rent private places, like vrbo, homeaway, etc. Many people have had great success on this forum with the rental agencies on HHI. If you have young adults, they will probably like Wild Wing, great fun atmosphere. As well, the Commander Zodiac dolphin excursion is fun. They take you right to the dolphins. Our older teenagers loved it. He zips you along in the zodiac out to the dolphins.

If you have any more questions, don't hestitate to ask.

Hope this helps,

D in Muskoka.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
656 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March trip with four young adults

Hello, there are many wonderful places to stay while in Hilton Head. There are full service hotels, there are condos and private homes. I have done all 3-I have found that renting a private home with a pool works out well. Sea Pines Plantation has some great beaches and sights, Palmetto Dunes is close to Shelter Cove, the mall and other restaurants. Captains walk and Barrington are great condos to rent. Keep in mind that if you rent a private home you may have to pay extra to have the pool heated. In condo units it depends where you rent at to whether the pools will be open in March. I have vacationed there in March and it can get chilly at times. For activities there is golf of course, tennis and there may be some harbor tours/dolphin tours that are operating. Harbourtown is a must see in Sea Pines. I vacation in Hilton Head every Summer. Every year it gets better and better. Renting bikes is a great option there are miles and miles of bike paths.....I rent from resortquest.com, there are many places you can rent from. Check out the many forums and posting here on Trip Advisor, they're very helpful.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
100 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March trip with four young adults

Am trying to decide if we should focus on Sea Pines or take #2309 Seacrest Villa. What do you think?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
656 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March trip with four young adults

I recommend Sea Pines, I've stayed there a few times before. I don't know about the other place you mentioned. Sea Pines is home to Harbortown, Salty Dog and Sea Pines Center. There is a lot to do within the plantation. The beaches are awesome too!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March trip with four young adults

If you are referring to the SeaCrest Resort go with 2309 SeaCrest.

You will be right on the ocean in the Coligny area. SeaCrest is one of the newest complexes and is quite popular.

You have two pools one heated. A fitness center, Outdoor Jacuzzi, and Aqua restaurant right on the premises.

You will be across the street from the Coligny plaza center, with shops, restaurants and night life.

This is my choice.

Stan (hhiguy)

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
656 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March trip with four young adults

Hedge, these are all good choices for accomodations. At Coligny you can walk to many things. I like Sea Pines and also Palmetto Dunes is great too. I think anywhere you go in HHI is going to be fantastic and will make for a very nice and memorable vacation. Good luck.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March trip with four young adults

Dear Hedge: I agree one hundred percent with Stan. If it is SeaCrest Resort (the new one), then go for it. With young adults, there are bars/restaurants/surf shops etc within walking distance, even a tiki bar on the beach at the Holiday Inn which is very close, a stone's throw. There is also beach volley ball there too.

D in Muskoka.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: March trip with four young adults

Hedge: You might find this link helpful. Has a video of SeaCrest:

http://www.seacresthiltonhead.com/

D in Muskoka.

10. Re: March trip with four young adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head