We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE READ ASAP- Old Savannah Tours vs. Oglethorpe Tour

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
100 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
PLEASE READ ASAP- Old Savannah Tours vs. Oglethorpe Tour

We will be in Savannah this Wednesday. We are hoping to see the city with a historical on-off tour bus. Between "Old Savannah Tours" and the "Oglethorpe Trolley Tours", which do you recommend? We really want something that hits the historical highlights.

thanks!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PLEASE READ ASAP- Old Savannah Tours vs. Oglethorpe Tour

The Old Savannah is a hop on hop off all day long, a little more expensive than Oglethorpe.

The Oglethorpe does a 2 hour non hop off tour first and then lets you off where you want (or that's what I recall I was told last fall when I inquired).

I took the Old Savannah and thought is was excellent.

Enjoy.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
135 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PLEASE READ ASAP- Old Savannah Tours vs. Oglethorpe Tour

We did a hop-on hop-off bus tour on a day trip to Savannah, but i don't remember the tour operator (there are a number of tour operators with buses ready to go lined up outside the visitor's center). Here is a tip we have learned from this experience and taking similar bus tours in other cities. The drivers/tourguides vary! If you aren't loving the one you have, hop off, explore, grab a snack and try your luck with the next bus. In Savannah, our first guide was great, very entertainig, then we got off for lunch and unfortunately had a less than stellar guide when we got back on another bus later. Great city though; we loved it.

3. Re: PLEASE READ ASAP- Old Savannah Tours vs. Oglethorpe Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 05:20