We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

Lexington, Ky
3 posts
Save Topic
Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

We arrived on Friday, August 28th and spent that night at the Holidy Inn Oceanfront since we couldn't get into our villa until Saturday. We have gone to Hilton Head for several years but this is the first year we have arrived on Friday instead of check in day. I must say I enjoyed arriving a day early. There were 4 adults and 2 kids (3 & 4 yr old) in our group.

We rented 3101 Seacrest through the Vacation Company and could not have been more pleased with them or the unit. They were great to work with. The unit itself and the views were out of this world. We did the usual grocery shopping and checking out the beach on Saturday.

Most of the week was spent between the beach and pool as the kids love playing in the sand and water. The weather was great with a cool day on Wednesday and one night it rained but who cares we're on vacation.

We went to Shelter Cove to shop and watch Shannon Tanner twice during the week. The kids loved Shannon's show and actually sang with him on stage which surprised me b/c they are usually too shy to do things like that.

We also went to Salty Dog twice which we enjoyed relaxing and listening to the music while the kids danced.

We also went to Harbor Town one evening. The kids loved the playground area and treehouse.

We only ate out a few times and that was at Wild Wings which we all loved. We ate at Parrot's Cove in Shelter Cove which was okay. We ate at Aunt Chilada's which we will never do again. Not only was the food horrible but so was the service.

We all hated leaving Saturday morning but are now starting to plan our April trip.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Head
Hilton Head
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Salty Dog Cafe
Salty Dog Cafe
3,465 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

Glad you had fun. We were at HHI over Labor Day weekend for 4 days, and stayed at the Hilton Oceanfront Resort. I think next time we'll try Seacrest, I've heard great things and our next door neighbor swears by it.

Vermont
Level Contributor
24 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

We travel to HH every April and always book at Sea Pines, through Vacation Company. We have never been less than thrilled with our accomedations, or with the service.

Mentioned in this post
Sea Pines Resort
Sea Pines Resort
304 Reviews
Hilton Head, SC
No. Georgia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

We will be staying at 3101 soon, and I was wondering - is there an area at SeaCrest with grills for the guests to use ?

SMS1104 - at Unit 3101, is there anything you would recommend us bringing from home, ie. things you wish you had brought with you?

Oh - does anyone know if Shannon Tanner is there in mid-September ? This will be my first time to HHI - I am so excited.

Thanks !

DD

USA
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

I agree about Aunt Chilada's...we tried it a few years back and felt the same as you..horrible food...I still can't understand to this day how people put that restaurant on their suggested list to others....

louisville
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

We ate there last week and it was really good, service was good and so were our margaritas. I guess it's just different taste for different people??

6. Re: Vacation report 8/29 - 9/5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 05:17