We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for rental

Asheville
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for rental

We're looking to go to Hilton head in late Oct early Nov and we're looking for a simple but tasteful and meticulously clean condo/villa/cottage. In looking at a few of the rental websites all we see are units/houses with either extravagant furnishings or Broyhill type of furniture and recliners with fake plants galore and floral bedspreads.

We've stayed in Seaside, Florida, Ginn Belvidere outside of Charleston and the Inn at Palmetto Bluff outsisde of Savannah and we're looking for similar type of decor as those places

Does anyone know of a good website or specific rentals that aren't typical.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for rental

I would say check the web site of Hilton Head Beach and Tennis resort. They have over 150 different units and I am sure you can find at least a few that would please you.

Asheville
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for rental

Thanks for the suggestion but in looking at about 20 of the units (gold rating) it looks like the typical rental units we've been seeing in the area.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for rental

Then I think you are looking for a private home rental which will have the look in some cases as to where you stayed before.

But the question that I must ask-are you going for a place to stay for the decor or what is available to do in the complex or the area you are visitng?

If you are looking just for decor investigate the private homes and do note that they will vary due to private ownership and the taste of the individual owner. The places you have been to so far as you state above are not privately owned homes or condos and therefore you are dealing with a single decorator.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for rental

Paul: Please forgive me but I just can't make out what it is you're asking for.

This is what I came up with: you want a "simple but tasteful and meticulously clean condo/villa/cottage" but decorated like a five star Auberge Resort like the "Inn at Palmetto Bluff."

If you find something that fits the bill, please let ME know!

D in Muskoka.

Asheville
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for rental

We veren't looking for a 5 star like Palmetto. Just wanted to give an example of decor we are looking for - simple yet tasteful. We didn't want fake trees and plants and retro bedspreads from the old Hoiliday Inns, which is what it looks like they have in abundance at Hilton Head.

We didn't think it was a lot to ask for in matching the other benefits of the area - good beaches, restaurants, etc

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for rental

What you are looking for exists in Hilton Head. But getting picky on what an individual uses to decorate their own home is tough. What you may like will not always fancy others. So since you are looking to rent a condo or a home, you will have to make do what they decorate their rooms with. You stated that the gold units in Beach and Tennis are decorated in such fashion. I think you need to actually go into the units to make that judgement. Till you actually stay in a unit no matter where it is hard to say what the photos show may be what you really get. And I do not see any Beach and Tennis units which remind me of the old Holiday Inn Styles.

Again I think you need to seriously look at what you are asking for-a 5 star resort or a unit where the individual owner decides what pleases them and possibly a renter.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for rental

By the way if you do not find what you are looking for in Hilton head since it does not stand up to your standards of the

"5" star feel, perhaps you need to go elsehwere to find a vacation spot.

Asheville
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for rental

Yes, that is probably what we will end up doing. We are obviously not going to get any valuable input from this source.

Could the huge chip you have on your shoulder regarding criticism of HH acccommodations have something to do with the fact that you are one of the owners of these properties?

Thanks for your "unbiased" reply.

Mrs. Paul 28803

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for rental

Paul: Here's a link that has lots of inside pics of rentals.

www.destinationvacationhhi.com/3_bedrooms.htm

Mind you, I did see quite a few fake plants.

Or the Sea Pines Resort:

hotels.travelzoo.com/resorts-spas/654945

The staff is proper and clad in kilts here.

You don't tell us how many bedrooms you need or what your budge is either, if you have one.

Hope this helps,

D in Muskoka.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for rental

Paul:

Try vrbo.com they have decent pics and a wide choice. You may find what you are looking for, if not call Richard Caputoro at 843-368-4186 or email: propertysos@hargray.com...describe what you need and he'll help you out if possible. He is a pro and operates with the highest integrity....

My Best,

MD

Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations