We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

Oh, I hate making a final decision. We have a 5 year old and a 7 year old. They love a pool, the beach is an afterthought. I HAVE to have a beach view. I'm between a villa in unit H of Beachwood which I understand is right in front, and a villa in Captain's Walk in Palmetto Dunes, and I understand the location of that place as last year we stayed in Villamare. The unit in Captain's Walk is 4th floor with lovely view. I like the in unit w/d a LOT, but you know...I can do without.

Help!! You all MUST help me make a decision!!! :)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
499 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

I enjoy Palmetto Dunes and I would choose Captain's Walk personally. I love the quiet area and the bike paths and lagoon system are wonderful. I think the BP villas are smaller than CW and CW's pool is very big as opposed to BP and if you are focused on the pool...CW wins.

Jennifer

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

The pool at Beachwood Place is not huge, not by any means. But for us, it wins becuase of location. It's so close to the beach, I mean really really close....and it's so close to Coligny. If you're traveling all that way for a pool...Beachwood place may not be for you.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

No, def not traveling for a pool! :). My kids will just want there to be one on site, that's all. I, on the other hand, am in it for the beachview. If I don't have that, I will be mightily disappointed. The unit we are looking at is second floor, bldg H, abt 1500 incl taxes, fees everything-does that seem abt right? I love the location. Last year we did Villamare, and the only drawback (besides the lack of a view--grrr--) was being far away from anything for the kids to do.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
499 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

Well, I guess you made your decision on Beachwood then. Let us know how it goes! Enjoy!

Jennifer

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

Sometimes, I feel like it's a contest on here to get people to stay in the places you suggest. LOL

The first time I suggested Beachwood place on here I was hesitant, with only 24 units...24 small units....I didn't want it to get impossible to rent there. That being said, I've stayed at Waterside, which is more resort like and at Beachwood Place in SFB and hands down would rather be on the ocean. I don't want to have to schlep all my stuff too far to the beach, I use the pool for cooling off only on the way back from the beach and for later afternoon, early evening swimming for the kids. We are beach people. We also like to be able to park ourselves on the beach for the day and take a little break by walking down to the tiki hut or Hinchey's for lunch. I love walking over to frosty frog and grabbing a nice adult beverage and some sammies for my crew and then walking back to the beach. It's your call, I don't think you can get much closer to the beach than beachwood place. Sure it's tiny and the pool is tiny, but that just means that you only have to walk past that tiny pool and the dune to get to the sand and THAT is the most important thing to me.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
799 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

icanflossu: Good point about everyone seeing things a little different. I LOVE staying at Shelter Cove. I'm sure all those with children just cringed, but I have no children, live in NJ (minutes from the ocean) and just go for peace, the beauty of the place and to relax. We hit the beach around 7 am and are off by 11 am at the latest. The afternoons are so quiet at the harbor and I just love to watch the boats and porpoise and birds. So peaceful. In the evenings, we just step onto the boardwalk and stroll, eat and drink. No worries about parking or drinking and driving.

It's so hard to recommend to other people because what is oceanfront to one is an oceanview to another; what is expensive for one is cheap to another; what's immaculate to one is a dump to another. It's good that H.H. has so many options.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

This really is a tough call because I am one that is always giving my vote for Forest Beach. Anyway, here's an aerial pic of Beachwood and surrounding villas. You will be very close to the brand new Coligny Beach access with water fountains and washrooms. Plus, Coligny Plaza is so close for ice cream, restaurants, bars, etc and you won't have to drive everywhere if you do stay at Beachwood.

hhisleinfo.com/SouthForestBeachOceanfrontA.j…

I do love PD as well though and we always stay at the Hilton Oceanfront there. So I guess it's really up to you.

Hope this helps,

D in Muskoka.

Orlando
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

We are going to the Sea Pines. For one week, its around $1200 including taxes in a two bedroom villa near the tennis courts. No beach view, but they will have bikes delivered to our unit for the entire stay. The package also includes some tennis court time, and a choice of a few types of tours.

9. Re: HELP!! Beachwood or Captain's Walk?!??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head