We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to HH - good area for walks

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to HH - good area for walks

My wife and I are thinking about HH June 12-16 and we like to take walks in the morning and evening but not on the beach - are there specific areas I should look for a rental/hotel that will allow us to take walks not in the street.

thanx

Malvern...
Level Contributor
106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

There are paths all over the island for walking/bike riding. We stay in Palmetto Dunes and there are many people walking and bike riding all the time. I don't think you will be disappointed in the pathways.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

We are regular Sea Pines vacationers. Every street in the plantation has a path. Most are shaded and most are beautiful.

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

We've stayed in Palmetto Dunes, Sea Pines, and Shipyard and have walked the biking/walking paths in all three plantations (as well as on the beach, our personal favorite). Of the three plantations, we prefer the paths in Sea Pines ... especially lovely with the moss-covered oaks. But that does not mean that the other two paths were not lovely as well. If you enjoy seeing beautiful scenery while walking (as we do), you will not be disappointed in the pathways on HHI. ;-)

Edited: 22 May 2010, 16:34
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

I agree with everyone else...you will not be disappointed anywhere on Hilton Head for walking paths. We have stayed in Port Royal Plantation many times and have been able to walk all over and see beautiful areas. We have also stayed in the Forest Beach area and been able to walk all over.

I have to say though...one of my favorite things to do on the island is walk the beach in the morning and evening...

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

"I have to say though...one of my favorite things to do on the island is walk the beach in the morning and evening..."

i agree 100%. lcumpire - hilton head beaches are not fluffy sand. they are ideal for walking and bike riding. i would have to cast a vote for sea pines if not the beach.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

I would like to thank everyone for their input - now all I have to do is find a place for us to stay.

Thanx again.

Rolla, Missouri
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

what is your budget? probably will not find a villa for four nights unless someone on vrbo will make a last minute deal. here is one option in sea pines, but the price is a bit steep.

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx…

Washington DC
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

I am doing some checking and someone wrote that the Lighthouse Tennis complex is currently undergoing renovation.

Does anybody know anything about that?

Thanx

9. Re: 1st time to HH - good area for walks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 05:18