We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Eats???

Atlanta
Level Contributor
231 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Eats???

Coming back to HH this weekend after several years, and this time I'm bringing 3 of my girlfriends for a relaxing weekend w/o the husbands and kids.

Since it's been quite awhile since I've been to HH, i need some advice for cheapish restaurants that have decent menus that can please all of us. There used to be a great hole-in-the-wall seafood place near the Holiday Inn beachfront, but I cannot remember the name or exact location. We'd love some reasonably-priced seafood places, as well as any other suggestions. Obviously we're not interested in romantic---just good food and drinks. Where do you locals like to eat?

Thanks for any help you can offer us. We'ree staying at the Marriott and are really looking forward to our visit!

USA
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Eats???

Others will chime in but I do suggest restaurant.com

Atlanta
Level Contributor
231 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Eats???

I checked restaurant.com, and the only places in HH are Little Venice, Alligator Grille, Aqua Grille, Bistro Mezaluna, The Studio, Island Bistro, and Main Street Cafe. are any of these places any good? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Eats???

You are probably remembering the Sea Shack which is still a popular, economic sea food destination.

Economic and also close by is the Mellow Mushroom in the strip center by the Sea Pines traffic circle.

We recently visited and our favorite spot was the Skull Creek Boathouse. Casual, excellent indoor and outdoor seating. Beautiful waterfront setting. Pricing is moderate, not cheap, but a great destination.

Captain Woody's is a good casual spot with reasonably priced seafood.

The restaurants on Skelco's list are good places, but not cheap.

Guelph, Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Eats???

sounds like " a lowcountry Backyard" is inexpensive and good

the perfect match for me

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Eats???

I would forget going to the Studio where prices are rather high. Little Venice tends to overcharge.

As a suggestion try San Miguels in Shelter Cove which has a nice atmosphere and live music.

SkullCreek Boart House now has a Reggie band on Thursday evenings. We were there last week and had a great time.

You may also want to head over to the Comedy Club in Pineland Station. We had a blast and it only cost $10 per person.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Eats???

This is probably too late for skelco11, but for others interested in great food for less money,Hugos in Wexford has an awesome early bird dinner menu which ranges from (I think) $14.99 to 19.99 and this includes sides.Actually, many of the restaurants do early bird, but I love Hugos Lobster Thermador (sp?).

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Eats???

Sea Shack!!!!!!

Missouri
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Eats???

skullcreek boathouse is definitely worth a visit.

i love mexican food, and i was not impressed with san maguels, although they do provide a nice atmosphere. Fiesta Fresh is a great, quick place to go if you want to take a break from the beach for an hour to grab lunch!

definitely check out hugo's early dining menu. but also consider the early dining menu's of other "higher end" restaurants.

my personal favorite on the island was wise guys. i went there for my birthday with 4 other girls and it was great. good appetizers

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Eats???

Skullcreek and The Black Marlin are good casual reasonable joints.

Skullcreek Boathouse @ 397 Squire Pope Rd., Hilton Head Island, SC 843 - 681 - 3663.

http://www.skullcreekboathouse.com/

The Black Marlin Bayside Grill @ 86 Helmsman Way # 103, Hilton Head Isle, SC. 843 - 785 - 4950.

http://www.blackmarlinhhi.com/

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Eats???

I concur with Axle. We ate twice at SCB when we were there in May and both those restaurants are at the top of our list to visit when we return next spring.

Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head