We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a waterpark?

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is there a waterpark?

In looking at many rentals on VRBO, many of them in Forest Beach mention that they are close to a small waterpark. I can't seem to find any information on this waterpark. It seems like it might have been part of the Days Inn at one time but their website doesn't make any reference to it. Anyone know if this still exists?

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a waterpark?

I wonder if they're referring to the fountains at Coligny Circle? http://www.panoramio.com/photo/32257865

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a waterpark?

There used to be a water park near Coligne, but it has not been there for several years now. So, no, there is no water park on the island. Sorry.

(But the fountain at the beach is fun for the kids).

Hilton Head Island
Level Contributor
45 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a waterpark?

I believe it used to be called Waterfun Park, and yes, it was a very small waterpark, with a double path water slide and that's about it. I remember it well growing up and even visiting a few times as an adult.... It seemed so much bigger as a child! I presume by your question you'll be traveling with kids?

There is still lots to do in and around the water for kids. Of course the beach is a big draw. We don't have massive waves, usually, but rather fun crumbling seas that are great for "boogie boarding" without being too crazy or dangerous in normal conditions. Waves are "bigger" in the couple hours leading up to high tide (varies daily). "Bigger" being a relative term! Boogie boarding is ok on guarded beaches, but full on surfing is prohibited in areas with swimmers while guards are on duty.

As a boat captain, I can tell you perhaps the most popular water activity for kids "of all ages" is tubing behind a boat. This is in the calm water creeks on the inland side of the island. So rather than riding down a water slide, you're sliding across the water behind a boat. That's about as close as we have to a waterpark these days.

The closest "water park" is near Charleston, SC, about 2-2.5 hours north. It's actually in the James Island county park, just south of Charleston proper. It's several times bigger than the one that used to be on Hilton Head.

I hope that helps!

Capt. Blair

4. Re: Is there a waterpark?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 18:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now