We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

Morehead, Kentucky
1 post
Save Topic
Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

My family is leaving tomorrow for our first trip to Hilton Head at the Marriott Surf Watch Vacation Club, I was just wondering some of the things to do and things to watch out for.

Also, I was wondering if there is any Military aviation activity, being an avid fan of aviation it is always a plus for me.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

The Surf Watch should have lots of visitor material when you check in. 101 Things to Do in Hilton Head is a great guide.

Be sure to check out the Coastal Discovery Museum at Honey Horn. There is a new sculpture exhibit on the grounds. Also, check their website to sign up for specific tours of interest (www.coastaldiscovery.org).

Ohio
Level Contributor
736 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

One of my favorite things to do is to rent bikes and ride along the hard-packed sand at low tide. Also, my family enjoys the kayaking tours in Broad Creek (as well as other areas around the island. One year, we took the Commander Zodiac ecology tour (out of South Beach Marina in Sea Pines). It was terrific. We stopped at a sand bar and hunted for sand dollars (don't take the live green ones) and found many! Dolphins swam along the side of the boat so we got great photos.

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

And don't forget to go see the beautiful lighthouse! Also, sit at one of the marinas and relax for a while.

SW Illinois
Level Contributor
370 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

Something to be watching out for is the absence of large signs identifying retail establishments ... it can be an adventure trying to find some places that are hidden back off the main drags. Hope you have a GPS. ;-)

When we visit HHI, we spend our time on the beach or riding bikes (on the beach or on the miles of bike trails).

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

the Marine Corp's have an airbase in Beaufort, and if you drive along route 21 towards US17. You can see some Jets at the entrance. They do have an airshow there every year, but it's in the spring.

What you can do however is go over to Parris island on Thursday, and watch the graduation ceremonies there. then go over to the museum on the base, and learn about the history of the corp's.

Stan (hhiguy)

6. Re: Must See's and do's, Things to watch out for?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations