We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boathouse

Southport, North...
Level Contributor
531 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boathouse

Hi all, I'm confused; is the Skull Creek Boarhouse and The Boathouse the same restaurant? Last year when my husband and I visited in may we went to Skull Creek and thought the food was just ok. Now I hear people raving about "The Boathouse". Leaving in 2 weeks for a vaca in HH and don't want to go back to the place we went last year. As a New Englander I am kind of picky about good seafood. Thanks!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boathouse

Can only comment on the 'current' Skull Creek Boathouse....Great location, great view, great staff and a wide-offering menu...but as a fellow New Englander, you can do a whole lot better for great seafood, on the island...Still, not a bad experience. I like the place.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boathouse

Originally the restaurant was owned by the Schilling family, who also actually owned the boathouse attached. The restaurant was sold to the Lowry group, which also owns the Old fort Pub among others. About two years ago, the restaurant was again sold to the SERG group.

after several months of startup problems, the place has become much better. It is a favorite with the islanders, because of the view and the variety of dishes offered, which is greater than the usual seafood restaurant.

Coming from New England as you do, it isn't the same as you can expect, but one of the main reasons, is the variety of local fish you encounter in SC rather than Mass.

Stan (hhiguy)

3. Re: Boathouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head