We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Love Lunch!

Long Island
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Love Lunch!

I love lunch and I am looking for a specific lunch on Hilton Head. Here is what I am looking for maybe you can help.

I see myself sitting on the water, maybe a marina. My table has an umbrella. The restaurant is not fancy at all and it serves cold draft beers. I plan on eating a sandwhich, maybe even served in a basket with fries and some slaw. We can eat slowly drink our beer and watch the water and people passing by. This lunch also hopefully will not cost us a fortune.

Anything down there like this?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Love Lunch!

I would suggest the Dunes House in PD.

Great food, open deck seating under umbrellas, full service bar and grill.

Food comes in baskets too!

It's right off the beach and one of our favorites to stop for lunch.

This site provides a picture with web cam. Enjoy!

palmettodunes.com/beach-wedding-venues.php

Long Island
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Love Lunch!

Awesome, thanks! I am staying in Palmetto Dunes as well!

Long Island
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Love Lunch!

Any other great lunch spots? Anywhere that may have some live outdoor music as well?

Thanks

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Love Lunch!

The tiki bar at the Holiday Inn at Forest Beach has all that

clifton, va
Level Contributor
138 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Love Lunch!

We stay in palmetto dunes and like to bike over to shelter cove to San Miguel's. Mexican food, they have outdoor seating overlooking the marina. They do have live music but not for lunch, starts around happy hour. They will even give you a to go cup for your margarita. :). Dunes House is def a good option. We will also walk down to the Marriott on the beach. They serve outdoors as well but it's Marriotts pricing so bring a credit card if you go! Have fun!

Long Island
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Love Lunch!

Is San Miguels take out Mexican or can you eat there as well?

clifton, va
Level Contributor
138 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Love Lunch!

It is a sit down restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
649 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Love Lunch!

pullyman, you have perfectly described Up The Creek Pub on the north end of the island. Other than live music at lunch, it has everything you're looking for. It's a little off the tourist path, but to me that makes it better:

http://www.upthecreekpubandgrill.com/

We also always lunch at Black Marlin every trip. It's menu is a little fancier (and more expensive) than Up the Creek, but it's always good:

http://blackmarlinhhi.com/

Finally, if the weather is nice, can't beat a waterside table on the deck at the Skull Creek Boathouse:

http://skullcreekboathouse.com/

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Love Lunch!

The restaurants on Squire Pope road. All are on the water.

Hudsons, and the Chart House meet the requriements. The best of them is the Skull Creek Boathouse, where you can eat outside near the bar. Enjoy your food, be it a sandwich, salad or something heavier, and a glass of beer.

Stan (hhiguy)

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Love Lunch!

Another idea is the North End Crazy Crab. Here you can sit on the patio and enjoy all they have to offer.

Stan (hhiguy)

Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head