We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

My family of five will be on HHI 7/28 to 8/4.

I am an amateur photographer with a Canon Rebel T1i digital SLR and a variety of lenses.

I am finding that "professional" family beach photos appear to be in the $400-$500 range.

So I am wondering if there is someone similar that would like to trade photo skills. I shoot your family at the beach, you shoot mine during the "Golden Hour" ??

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
373 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

When are you there?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

We are arriving 7/28 and departing 8/4

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
555 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

Wow that's cool, hope it works out for you!! We are the week before or I would do it!

Ohio
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

We are going to be there that week and even though I have been the ''unofficial' family photographer for years I am not sure I would do your family justice. if you don't get any other takers let me know. What part of the island are you staying at? We are on South Forest Beach.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

What a great idea. Now that's "out of the box" thinking!!!

When we were there in October (just my hubby and myself) I told him that I wanted to do a beach photo shoot (and he agreed to my surprise). While he was golfing I took the bike and scouted out a beach location that I liked. We were staying in Port Royal, so I used the Westin Resort beach access. I headed left (as you stand with the Westin at your back and the ocean in front of you) I found a great location with a whole tree washed up on the beach all sunbleached and everything. What a great backdrop for our photos. We photographed each other and then to do the couples shot, we just propped the camera on our bike seat and used the timer. They turned out fantastic. I know it would be easier with just two people and not a whole family to that (very tiring running back and forth before the shutter fires) but that's our "experience" with doing our own beach photo shoot.

Then I filled a photobook with our trip pictures and everyone loves it.

Hope this helps,

D in Muskoka

PS: Have you ever used www.befunky.com to turn your photos into "paintings"? I use underpainting it's fantastic!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

Lucky Timer - that sounds great, especially with the tree as a back drop. Do you have to be staying over?

I spoke to TR (Thomas) Love of TRMedia World. His rate is $50 for a shoot which iss the best I have found for those who are ooking for someone to take photos versus a $400-$500 professional photographer and portrait package.

Check out his website. You can view a lot of his previous pictures under Galleries and see the pricing by selecting any picture. Prices are very reasonable

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

Lucky Timer - I meant . . . Do you have to be staying over in Port Royal Plantation to get there?

We really like to see all of the wildlife on the sound side at least once each visit. We've stayed the Port Royal Plantation several times in the past and are staying elsewhere lately.

Is there access to the Port Royal sound side beaches other than Mitchelville Beach Park/Fish Haul Park for someone who isn't staying in Port Royal Plantation?

The last time we used Mitchelville Beach/Fish Haul access our car windows were knocked out and the vehicle was vandalized and robbed. Not something I wish to repeat.

South Carolina
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

Hey I will be there. Shoot me an email at nicolecaudlephotography@gmail.com or you can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/NicoleCaudlePhotography.com. (If you haven't already found someone.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
797 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

Sorry. We had to cancel our trip to HHI due to plant shutdown. Hope to visit again in the future

10. Re: Beach Photography - I take yours / You take our??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:15