We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

Hi - we'll be in HH the week of May 20 staying at Ocean Palms Resort at Port Royal. While we're there, we'd like to do nice dinner. We are cuisine and price agnostic but would very much like to go someplace with a water view. Ideas and opinions please?

TIA.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

Looking for somewhere fancy or casual?

Best views IMO are Hudsons and Skull Creek Boathouse.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

Try the Sunset Grill. Don't let the fact that it's in a trailer park fool you. Top notch food and Killer View.

Stan (hhiguy)

Charlotte
Level Contributor
646 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

I agree - Sunset Grill has the best food with a view on the island. It is rather small though and doesn't have the feel of an "event" restaurant if that's important to you.

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

I actually prefer places that are a little out of the way and don't feel "event-ish" so this sounds great. I just saw the reviews for it on Yelp and they are outstanding. Thank you!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

I also like the Old Fort Pub for a special event. They have a fabulous sunset on Skull Creek (it is inside Hilton Head Plantation, but you can get a gate pass free when reporting you have reservations- which they do take). It is more expensive than the other restaurants mentioned, but it is an intimate setting with a gorgeous view. Should you go, folks do tend to dress a bit more there; I do not mean jackets and ties, but I have never seen anyone there in jeans.

Joanne

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

We like Elas Blue Water Grill in Shelter Cover for a special dinner.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
798 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

Can you give any more info on Elas? We used to love going there for not only the view but the food. Then the food part kind of went down hill. I know it's a great view, but how would you rate the food at Elas?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

The food was excellent. I don't recall what fish we had for our meal but it was very good. The calamari appetizer is one of the best I've had. This past November is the first time we ate there so don't have a prior comparison.

Edited: 30 March 2013, 19:58
Bridgewater
Level Contributor
798 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

Thanks! Ela's took it over I think last Summer. Can't remember the name prior to that....Quarterdeck? Captains Quarters?

NJ
Level Contributor
241 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Special Occasion Restaurant - Preferably with a view?

We like The Chart House, which is next to Skull Creak Boathouse, but more upscale and they take reservations. Skull Creek Boathouse does not and you could wait hours for a table with a view. We've also enjoyed Ela's for lunch, want to try dinner next time.