We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

Hi Everyone,

I need your help. My extended family of 15 plan to stay in a near ocean vacation home in Palmetto Dunes this month to celebrate my mom's 60th Birthday. We wil be there from Friday-Monday. We aren't familiar with the area and need a couple dinner restaurant recommendations and a breakfast restaurant suggestion (my mom loves breaksfast). I also need a name of a cake bakery in the area so I can order a nice birthday cake and pick up when I arrive. Any other suggestions of must do's while there is greatly appreciated. We really want to make this special for my mom. Thanks in advance,

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

Stacks is my fav breakfast place.

Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

I can guarantee you'll get great dinner ideas from Bearsfan23, hhiguy, and luckytimer.

I agree with winterface, for a breakfast treat try Stacks, especially their Creme Brulee French Toast. The menu can be found at www.stackshh.com

My suggestion would be a family portrait on the beach for your mom's special occasion. We have used Memory Lane many times, see if David is available for your session. Examples of their great work can be found at www.memorylaneportraits.com

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,619 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

When I had my sister's 60th birthday celebration here, I ordered a cake from Signe bakery on Arrow Road- it was beyond words!!! Not inexpensive, but worth every penny (and every calorie). Their phone # is: 843-785-9118.m They also serve a scrumptious breakfast. I personally do not like Stacks, although it is always busy so other folks must enjoy their pancakes. I would also recommend the Sunrise Cafe at Palmetto Bay Marina for breakfast and also (believe it or not) Hilton Head Diner.

For dinner, we treated my sister to the Old Fort Pub and she loved the food and the views. If you prefer to combine an evening of dinner and music, the Jazz Corner is great, but you will need reservations as they book up quickly. I think the calendar is out through May right now, but check their website. Sunday nights Deas Guyz play and they are extremely popular with all age groups. The calendar link is : http://www.thejazzcorner.com/calendar.php

Other great dinner restaurants are any of the Serg group (Frankie Bones, Black Marlin, Skull Creek Boathouse, Wise Guys). We also like Red Fish, CQ's and the Sea Grass Grille. I would suggest you read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor for the above restaurants.

And enjoy!!

Joanne

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

Joanne, we have the exact same breakfast recommendations. Sunrise and Harold's are my two must stops for breakfast.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

Wonderful, this is exactly what I needed! Just placed my cake order with Signe Bakery. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,619 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

Enjoy!!!

HHI is a GREAT place to celebrate special occasions. Glad to be of assistance.

Joanne

Fairfield, Ohio...
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

Signe did my wedding cake and it was fabulous! You won't be disappointed! Have fun!

8. Re: Large Family trip for Mom's 60th birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head