We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather late August

Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather late August

I checked out the various weather sites for temps etc. But I am curious, if you are staying beachside, even on warm days is it more comfortable on the beach than in the middle of the island? Is there a ocean breeze that will make a hot day seem less hot on the beach than say inland riding bikes? Hope it isn't a crazy question. It has been a while since I have been to the ocean and never in August. So I am just trying to figure out will it be warm (mid 80's) and fun, or unbearably hot and miserable? Looking at staying at Captain's Walk in Palmetto Dunes Aug. 17-24.

I appreciate any feedback to my goofy question :) Looking to have fun with dh and the 3 kiddos before school starts again.

Thanks,

Kate

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather late August

Its going to be hot, no doubt, however we often get afternoon thunderstorms that cool things down, they are brief but often strong.

If your on the beach or in the water (pool, ocean, etc) it will feel awesome. going interior of the island though will still be very hot.

Remember to keep well hydrated, water water water.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
649 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather late August

My experience in late August is that it can be quite comfortable, especially at the beach. While it will likely be hot and humid, the days are getting shorter by then and the sun is not as high in the sky. Evenings can be quite nice, especially after a thunderstorm.

Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather late August

Thanks for the replies! That helps.

Kate

4. Re: Weather late August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 05:17