We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
207 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

My husband and I are planning a trip to HH for late August, and were wondering if anyone could make any accommodation recommendations. We were hoping for 1-2 nights at a nice resort with beach access, spa, etc, and then a 2-3 nights at a B&B or more modest hotel where from which we can do some biking. We would like to avoid "family" resorts that cater to people with children. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

Hmm, unfortunately there aren't any B&Bs on the island, there are some smaller hotels though.

You can bike anywhere on the island, you don't really need to stay somewhere special for that (although some resorts are better/more fun with bikes than others, like Sea Pines)

One thing to watch out for is that HHI doesn't really have any nice adult only results that cater to younger couples (when I say younger, I'm talking about the 21-35 demographic), Everything is either Old people/retired snowbirds or kids/family atmosphere, nothing in between unfortunately.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

As not to.mislead you, snsmith, about biking on the island, you can bike anyway PUBLIC on the island; you cannot bike into private plantations unless you are a guest with a gate pass. While folks do bike off the beach into a private plantations, just be aware that legally that is considered tresspassing so do so with that in mind.

Late August is actually a transition time for families. Most southern schools are back in session as are some northern and mid-western schools. There will still be families on the island, but far fewer than between late June and mid- August.

I would recommend either the Sonesta in Shipyard or the Westin in Port Royal.

Joanne

Edited: 27 May 2013, 20:59
Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

We used to love saying at the Hilton (which is now the Omni). The main reason is that they had an "adult" pool area and a separate pool area for families/kids. I haven't been there since it became the Omni, but that might be an option if they still have the separate adult pool. It's ocean front and has beautiful grounds, very large rooms and a great location for biking all over Palmetto Dunes.

United States
Level Contributor
334 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

My husband and I are not "young" but we are traveling to HHI in July without our kids. We booked at the Omni in part because they have an adult pool. I researched on this forum and most posters recommended the Westin, Omni, the Inn at Harbour Town, or the Sonesta. We wanted beach front, so that eliminated one or two. There are lots of bike trails, and canals for kayaking, in Palmetto Dunes. We're first timers, so I can't comment on whether the biking in Sea Pines is better than in Palmetto Dunes. Good luck!

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
207 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

Thanks everyone for the advice! Trying to keep the costs to <$200 a night (preferably in the $150 range).

6. Re: Hotel/B&B Recommendations for younger couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head