We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
240 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

Last time I was in Hilton Head "The Mall' was still under construction and the only store open was Belk's. Any news on when its going to open or should we stop at Tanger's on our way in to Hilton Head for our vacation?

It's going to look beautiful when its all finished! Thanks.

Hilton Head Island...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

Hi Scraphappy - Progress on the new Shelter Cove Towne Centre is coming along with Phase I expected to be completed in early 2014. Check out our Facebook page for updates with a new construction progress video posted today! https:/…ShelterCoveTowneCentre

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

Still lots of construction in that area. Looking forward to the finished product!!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

It really is going to be awesome, as a resident, my thoughts are finally! Something modern, bright and new in Hilton Head.

Mississauga, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

My wife and I have loved this Mall, but we have been concerned seeing so many retail outlets leave.

I hope with the new addition this will breath new life into this lovely mall!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

Stricly speaking it won't be a mall anymore in the sense of a single enclosed building full of stores. It's being turned into a "town centre" type shopping center. This means every store will be facing the open air, but not in a strip mall configuration, but with a faux main street style way, with a heavily pedestrianized road which most of the stores front. A park and residential buildings will also be on site within a stone's throw away from the shopping. www.sheltercovetownecentre.com/asp/vision.asp

6. Re: The Mall at Shelter Cove...opened yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head