We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf with kids

Naperville, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Golf with kids

Traveling to HHI in mid-August with 11 year old who plays golf. Any suggestions on a good but affordable course to play 9 holes? Would also like to go to a driving range with him. We're staying in Palmetto Dunes. Thanks!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
501 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf with kids

The Robert Trent Jones course let my daughter play for free with my husband a couple years ago. They went later in the day like 4pm and they told my husband there was no charge for her.

Jennifer

Boston
Level Contributor
850 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf with kids

My husband and his children now in early twenties have been playing the courses in Palmetto Dunes for several years, when they were younger went late afternoon. Now go early afternoon. The courses have charged less for the kids. If you ended up booking tee times later inthe week the rate would be reduced.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf with kids

Pinecrest and Island West (both off island in Bluffton) advertise free for under 17 with a paying adult. Rose Hill (also Bluffton) has a 2 for 1 9- hole round after 4PM. One of the courses on island, I think Golden Bear (Indigo Run) has kids pay age. There is also a 9 hole course in Bluffton called Old Carolina that I believe is $16/round.

Just be aware that playing in the afternoons can be very hot and humid. We typically tee off before 8AM when we play in the summer, but rates are obviously higher in the morning than afternoon. Later afternoon, after 5PM is a little better heat-wise.

Joanne

Mentioned in this post
Bluffton
Bluffton
Coastal South Carolina, SC
4. Re: Golf with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head