We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waynesboro, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

My husband and I will be staying for a weekend at the Westin Resort in August to celebrate our anniversary. Are there any restaurants close by the hotel? We are hoping to find at least two different ones (one for Friday night and one for Saturday) that have great food, preferably a good view (dockside/Oceanside or at least outdoor seating options)and atmosphere. A romantic atmosphere would be an added bonus!! We have eaten at Steamers near Coligny Beach before and loved it! So anything similar, but maybe closer to the hotel is kind of what we are shooting for.

As far as activities, we just wondered if there were any horseback riding or cruise type things to do.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

so there's some really good picks nearby:

Hudsons (casual) and Chart House (more formal, more romantic) and Old Fort Pub (super fancy place)

Waynesboro, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

Thank you so much! I will definitely check these out!! :)

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

Check out Lawton Stables in Sea Pines for horseback riding on the island.

Lots and lots of cruise activities- dolphin tours, shrimp trawlers, dinner cruises, cruise to Savannah or Daufuskie - many from which to chose.

The Westin is located mid-island. There are some restaurants in Pineland Station which is one of the closer areas (Le Bistro Mediterranean and Il Carpaccio ), as well as in Port Royal Plaza (Okko, Fiesta Fresh, Reillys). In order to have a water view, you would need to venture a little farther from the westin (except, of course, the Westin itself has a restaurant with outdoor seating). The Oyster Factor off Marshland Road might be the closest (but it is not romantic). Winterface suggested Chart House and Old Fort Pub- they both have water views and are romantic, albeit pricier, settings. If I can think of any others, I will post them for you.

Joanne

Edited: 29 July 2013, 18:50
Waynesboro, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!! I will be looking into all of your suggestions!

Stephanie

Waynesboro, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

Hi Joanne,

Is there a company you recommend for the cruise activities? I am Googling, but several come up.

Thank you!

Stephanie

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

What type of cruise are you interested in as a recommendation would be based on that. Evening, trawling, basic dolphin? Give me an idea of what you want.

Joanne

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

No one mentioned the skull Creek Boathouse, which is next to Hudsons and the Chart house. It is right next to those two.

Prices are medium. They do not take reservations, so there could be a wait. They also have outdoor dining which is quite pleasant.

Stan (hhiguy)

Waynesboro, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

I was thinking more of a Dolphin cruise or dinner cruise? Just wondering if anyone knew which company was best to go with?

Thanks!

Waynesboro, Georgia
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

Thank you, Stan! I will check out the Skull Creek Boathouse as well!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants and activities for a romantic weekend, Westin?

Check out Vagabond cruises.

They sail out of Harbor town. They are the only company I know that has Dinner cruises. They also do Dolphin cruises, but there are quite a few others out there. Check their website: vagabondcruise.com/vagabond-cruise-our-cruis…

Stan (hhiguy)