We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Buy Furniture

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Buy Furniture

Might be purchasing a condo on HHI. Not Furnished. A lot of resort towns have furniture stores that does package deals for condos. Any suggestions so I can get an est. on what it will cost.

thanks

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

Rooms to Go does that, but I would also check on the island at Furniture Direct on Archer Road.

There's also an Ashley Furniture on 170/278 intersection with good prices. Lots of other furniture stores around, but pricier than the ones I mentioned.

Good luck with your condo purchase. It's a great time to buy on the island- decent inventory, good prices.

Joanne

Everywhere
Level Contributor
181 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

I used Rooms To Go as Joanne mentioned to furnish my condo. They were cheaper than anyone else and I did it all online. I did also spend a lot of money at the Home Goods store in Northridge Plaza to finish it off.

I probably could have saved some by going to the local thrift stores but I don't have time for that.

At least at that point they were the only ones who had a good enough site to buy online and not worry about the results.

I bought my electronics from HHGregg because they were the only ones (furniture or electronics) that would sell me stuff in Pittsburgh and deliver it out of the local store down there (Savannah, I think, could be wrong.)(That way I could see and hear what I was buying.)

Everybody else from Big Lots to really anyone else thought I was asking for some sort of Witchcraft to be performed. I worked at a retailer in the early 90's that could do that and everyone thought it was an outrageous request. It's a simple computer program that transfers inventory from one store to another that was available over 20 years ago. Even Sears thought I was crazy.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 16:22
Virginia
Level Contributor
277 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

We had a blast furnishing our place with a combination of items on craigslist and thrift store/consignment shop finds. We couldn't believe the quality of items available in consignment stores!

Even now - we enjoy perusing the thrift stores just to see 'what we can find'. My husband says we would have to buy a bigger place if I were there full time - just to hold all of my treasures!

Some items we brought down in a small Uhaul truck - and incidentally having movers waiting to unload the truck when we arrived was the best $200 I ever spent - I set it up through the Uhaul website and other than my purse I didn't carry anything else in!

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
301 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

As Joanne said Furniture Direct does whole house. Discount Furniture Warehouse & Mattress also does whole house and have design service available. We did major renovations last year and replaced everything inside. I used both of them (still do) they are great and if they can get access with out you there they will deliver without you being on site.

I also purchased a lot at consignment, TJMAXX, Marshalls World Market, Craigslist, basically anywhere I could save a buck and keep the quality I wanted. It really adds up quickly. I also had to replace everything in the kitchen, think garage sales. I too purchased a lot at home and drove it in.

Flair16 is right about working out of state within the same company it really is not easy. We tried with Lumber Liquidators, Lowes and Home Depot. Lowes were the only ones that worked out.

Good Luck with your new place!

Hilton Head Island
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

Classic Consignments on Arrow Road. Very high quality.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

I agree with Classic Consignments. Many newer residents find that the fine furniture they brought from their previous residence, do not fit in their new home. That's where the store gets the bulk of it's inventory.

Stan (hhiguy)

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
301 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

Another vote for Classic Consignment!

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

Yep. I was one of those that took a high quality, nearly new sofa to Classic Consignments. They are a bit pricier than, say, Bargain Treasures, also on Arrow. Lots of thrifts, too, but if time is a factor, it is tough to coordinate from among many stores, rather than doing a complete room by room purchase.

I second Home Goods for accessories, bed, bath and kitchen "stuff." Much cheaper than Bed, Bath and Beyond (even with their 20% off coupons).

Joanne

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

Another one we stumbled on is the Bluffton Bargains & Treasures on Rt 46. We were amazed at the very nice furniture they had at very nice prices.

10. Re: Places to Buy Furniture

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:19