We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 3-4 Restaurants with kids

Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Top 3-4 Restaurants with kids

Ok so we are headed to the island on Friday to stay for a week (my husband, 3 kids (10,7,2) and I). We are staying in Palmetto Dunes and I am interested in some recommendations.

We plan to get pizza one night from Golden Mushroom (we have gluten free eaters so this is a good pick for us I think).

We would love a good Mexican place and also a good kid-friendly seafood place. My one daughter loves crabcakes, the other two kids would probably want standard kid fare. We aren't opposed to doing an early-bird thing at a nicer place, or casual is great too.

Also considering hitting Low Country Backyard for brunch on Sunday after we get there, but we may not want to give up the morning at the beach after we have been driving for so long. Is it good for dinner too?

Any recommendations would be great. And yes I have checked out the reviews, but after a while going through page after page gets a bit overwhelming :)

Thanks

Kate

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Top 3-4 Restaurants with kids

Love Skullcreek Boathouse. Even if you have to wait you can keep the kids occupied. So much to see around there. Walk out on the pier. Visit the little store. Look at the boats.

Massachussets
Level Contributor
370 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Top 3-4 Restaurants with kids

We're here now with 3 kids ages 6-11. My kids loved the Salty Dog. It's just a fun atmosphere. We thought the food was good too and portions were large, especially the pasta dishes and the seafood pie. We also like the Frosty Frog for a really casual meal as well as Giuseppe's in Sea Pines. Both have great pizza.

For something different we all really liked Skillets and One Hot Mama's. These were a good change of pace from the usual seafood places as my husband does not eat seafood. Skillets serves breakfast all day and Mama's had great bbq. We had lunch at Skull Creek and weren't overly impressed. Food took a long time to come out and was just okay for us. I had the calamari & it was very bland. I was glad we went at lunch and didn't wait a long time to get in.

Hilton Head Island
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Top 3-4 Restaurants with kids

FWIW, Fiesta Fresh is far and away the best Mexican in the area.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Top 3-4 Restaurants with kids

Isn't if funny how everyone has opinions about the best food! I absolutely hated Salty Dog...food blah, over priced but I loved Skull Creek! I also loved Low Country Backyard and think that is a great place to go with kids. And I love Fiesta Fresh as well! We also had very good food at Kenny B's but did not care for Roast Fish & Cornbread!

15. Re: Top 3-4 Restaurants with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head