We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

Which Hilton Head hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati
Level Contributor
42 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

Does anyone have an update on the construction that is supposed to take place at the Sea Pines beach club? We're staying at the Monarch during Labor Day week and was hoping the construction hadn't started. The beach club was also used for overflow parking and I'm concerned about that as well. Thanks.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

No construction has begun but I did see today that some clearing near the bike path has taken place. Think nothing major will happen before Labor Day. There is construction across the road at the golf club however.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

Construction has started! We got down here last Saturday and they started on Monday. You can still get to the beach though but a lot of it is marked off.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

Must have been after I was there- I only saw some clearing. Thanks for the update.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

yeah I remember seeing an Island Packet article that said construction on it had already started.

I hardly ever go down that way though due to the 5 dollar fee.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
154 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

Most of the Beach Club parking lot has been blocked off since Monday and the building is being prepped for deconstruction but they seem to still be in the process of moving things out of the buildings. I don't think they've started tearing the buildings down as of yet. You can still access the beach along a pathway off to the side of the parking lot and there are temporary bathrooms set up near the pathway.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
42 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

Thanks everyone for the updates. I called the Monarch today and they informed me that we could no longer use the beach club for overflow parking and that there will be loud construction notes during the day. Regardless, still looking forward to our visit.

7. Re: Sea Pines Beach Club Construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 05:17