We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HH weathr in April

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
325 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
HH weathr in April

Hi

I think my family is going to HH next year to celebrate my mother's retirement. We've been many times in the past but usually in Mid-late summer. Due to school for my nephews we might have to go around mid-late April to coincide with Spring Break.

What is the weather like during that time? We live in KY so my concern is that the weather's not going to be much warmer in HH than it is here in early Spring and that's not ideal for me. Any info is appreciated.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HH weathr in April

We've gone the past two late March breaks to coincide with our daughters college break. This year was light jackets a few days and the year before it was like summer all week. We just moved back to the Midwest from Louisville, KY and Hilton Head was a lot warmer when we left and upon our return. Considering you going in April your whether will probably be better still.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HH weathr in April

Additionally I checked the weather channel and the average hi temp for all of April is 75 degrees. So, later would be even warmer.

Boston
Level Contributor
807 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HH weathr in April

We visit HH every April, ideal weather upper 70s during the day and usually near 60 at night. My perfect weather, we go to the beach, bike and golf.

You may have larger crowds due to spring breaks, Easter and Heritage Golf all in mid April. We were there one year during all 3 events avoided Harbortown, golf times were booked before we left home and rarely left ShelterCove where we stay.

Enjoy your stay

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HH weathr in April

Because of the Heritage, Mid April is our busiest week of the year. If you intend to eat out, be prepared to make reservations at the restaurants.

the other poster have mentioned the weather, and I think it is a perfect time of year, but some may not be happy with the ocean water temperature. On the other hand most condo's do heat their pools so the opportunity to swim is available.

Golfers can also check out special sales that are held during the heritage week.

Stan (hhiguy)

5. Re: HH weathr in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head
Recent Conversations