We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Pines beach club construction?

woodlandstx
Level Contributor
221 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Pines beach club construction?

Does anyone know how disruptive the construction at Sea Pines beach club is? We were thinking of staying next door at the Marriott Monarch in May, but I would appreciate any insight into construction noise/activity. Many thanks!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

I'm not sure if an exact date for the end of consruction/opening of the new Beach Club has been announced or not. They keep saying it will open "next summer", meaning summer of 2014. This could mean open for the summer season, so if you are coming in late May you might luck out and it be mostly finished possibly open by then, but then again they might not open until June or July if they encounter setbacks.

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,773 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

Photo in today's paper of construction to date; looks far from completion, but no details were provided.

New jersey
Level Contributor
498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

Per the Jan-Feb Sea Pines Community Newsletter the expected completion date for the Beach Club is late May, and the expected date for the Plantation Golf Club building is late February. The new Harbour Town Golf Clubhouse construction will begin immediately after the 2014 Heritage and be completed prior to the 2015 Heritage. Also, Heron Point course is to be closed May-Sept. for renovations, but they say this is "next summer", so I'm not sure if that's 2014 or 2015. Lots of improvements to Sea Pines coming, it'll be a little inconvenient in the short term but should be great when its all done!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

wbsander,

Thanks for the detailed update! Many things about Sea Pines and Hilton Head in general have stayed virtually the same for the last 20-30 years or so, which I've rather liked, since I like the way it is! But as buildings age and infrastructure becomes outdated I suppose some change must occur. Even though it's a lot of rules and bureaucracy, I'm glad the Sea Pines CSA and the Town of Hilton Head have so many provisions to protect and maintain the same "feel" that the island has had since the 70's. Natural materials, subdued colors, leaving as many trees and vegetation as possible, etc. As long as they remain true to the vision that has made the island what it is, some updates are welcome.

New jersey
Level Contributor
498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

Yep, I agree, that's why we bought there. The artist renderings of both the Plantation and Beach Club buildings look pretty nice. The Plantation building is a bit more modern, but where it sits I don't think it will be out of place. The beach club is pretty subdued and should fit well. Both were sorely needed, though, especially the Plantation Club.

New jersey
Level Contributor
498 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

Artist rendering of beach club at seapinesliving.com/members/wp-content/upload… .

Wellesley...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

I was there in October last year ,it was bad ,long walks around the construction .I just don't know if tourists will be able to gain access this year .They have spent millions and will want a return on their money .I will be surprised if there is any free parking or perhaps there might be restrictions .All I can tell you it was intolerable last Oct .Good luck.

Wellesley...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

As I said lots of construction at the Beach Club last October .Very long walk from parking lot to the beach .I cant imagine that there will be free parking this year as they get ready to open ,I could be wrong .Millions spent in this area which was considered the area where tourists could gain access to the beach .Nowhere else can you legally park and take an access path to the beach .You can rent beach property which is very expensive .So I wonder with the many millions spent on the Beach Club area ,will there be restrictions ,because if there is restrictions ,you can forget using the little area called the Beach Club.

Wellesley...
Level Contributor
6 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

I can tell you you're wrong .I have been coming here since 1972 and things have not necessary changed for the better .Take the Sea Pines Racquet Club ,they tore down the clubhouse over a decade ago .They are still housed in a leaky trailer .There still is no legal parking if you want access to the beach from the gate to the tip of South Beach .With all the construction in the sole area where tourists gain access to the Beach Club beach ,there was heavy construction and difficult parking in late October .They are supposed to finish by this summer with millions spent .One wonders if there might be restrictions or parking fees ,I still wonder .I would need to find that out before I go back .Gate passes used to be free ,now they are $15 per car per week .I'm sorry you are so wrong ,I have been staying a month for 44 years ,and I think you don't have it right .Just one caution ,don't park where you shouldn't because you can be arrested , no fun there.

Bluffton, South...
Level Contributor
156 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea Pines beach club construction?

As someone who spends a lot of time at the Monarch I can tell you that there is still construction noise from the beach club. It's not as bad and not as often as it was when the project was first starting but there are still days when it can be loud. It is my understanding that they are hoping to be open for Memorial Day Weekend but I'm not sure if they are on track.

Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head