We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo/Villa Question

Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Condo/Villa Question

Hello. Our family is headed to HH in April (5-12). We've never been to the area before and finding a place to stay has been overwhelming. I've read about the different plantations and searched the forum for as much info as possible. Still I'm hoping someone could offer me some insight based on our family.

There are 6 of us (2 adults, 2 17 year olds, 1 13 year old, 1 10 year old). The 17 year olds would like to have some independence (escape us). We will all have bikes. Pool and tennis court is a must. Beach access has been confusing. Almost every place states it's a "stones throw" from the beach and beach access. We, of course, want to be able to go to the beach but are unsure about the public accesses, parking situations, bikeable distance, who are the beach clubs for, etc....

The places that we have narrowed down to based on availability are:

Xanadu

Tennis Master

Evian

Inverness

Northshore

Villamare

Beach Villas

Lighthouse Road Villas

Moorings

Coligny Villas

Forest Beach Villas

Any opinions would be welcomed!!!

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo/Villa Question

Our favorite area to stay is Palmetto Dunes. Villamare is located in Palmetto Dunes and is an ocean front property. You will be very close to the tennis center and the bike paths that run throughout Palmetto Dunes. If you stay at Villamare you'll be ocean front so no need to worry about beach access. Palmetto Dunes has beach access for properties that aren't close to the beach, so you could always bike or drive and park. One is Dunes House which also has restrooms & a little restaurant there. If you stay at Inverness you would probably want to drive to the beach and park. You can look at the map of Palmetto Dunes online to see where Villamare & Inverness are located as well as the Dunes House.

Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo/Villa Question

Thank you for the response. So Palmetto Dunes has beach access points? (But not a "beach club/clubhouse"). Have you found parking to be fairly simple?

Another question for anyone. If you are staying in one area of the island can you visit another area? (Staying in Palmetto want to drive into Sea Pines, etc.)

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
288 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo/Villa Question

There are several beach access points in Palmetto Dunes. The Dunes House has parking and also restrooms, a bar, & food, and I "think" you can park at the Disney Beach place too. We stayed at Queens Grant last summer and had no problem getting a parking spot at the Dunes House in June, so I would think you'd be find in April. You can drive to other areas of the island, however there is a charge to enter Sea Pines. Please feel free to message me if you have other questions or you want any specific information.

HHI SC
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo/Villa Question

Beach Villas and The Moorings are also in Palmetto Dunes. Beach Villas are ocean front and the Moorings are

right behind them. They are next to the Dune House beach access so you would not have to use your car.

There is a resort map on the PalmettoDunes.com website as well as info about the free resort shuttle.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
96 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo/Villa Question

You can drive into Sea Pines if you pay the $5 fee. The Lighthouse Road villas also have good beach access but they are redoing the beach club buildings in Sea Pines so I'm not sure of the availability of bathrooms etc in April. Tennis is available at the Racquet Club villas, Inland Harbor, and the Tennis villas on Lighthouse Road.

6. Re: Condo/Villa Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Hilton Head